Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pods and loud???!?!?!

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
ive got a pod in a heat proof sealed enclosure that sucks cold air behind the light it cost me a arm n leg having to order it from down south, b4 i got it i had the OTR with a K&N panel filter, once i put the pod enclosure on noticed way better preformance then the panel, i wud never just have a pod without an enclosure either so if u do either get it enclosed or get a panel man

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
You would have noticed your throttle would have been a bit tighter, they do sweet f/a for "performance", you just get slightly tighter throttle. Not a "performance" mod so to speak.

You got some sort of CAI getting cold air into your sealed enclosure?

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
either way... he has a stock vx with a pod and wants it loud as he can get it.... i dont think performance is a issue in this case. keep the pod lol

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
I do...

The only real difference i find is better idle and slightly better throttle response.
Biggest dowside was fuel economy without the sealed air box.
The louder it is the worse the fuel economy is lol

Since I chucked it in the standard box my fuel economy is normalish

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
If you want noise, go buy some PVC pipe from Bunnings or wherever with the twin 90MM ends on it, put 2 pods on it and it might give you some extra noise.

I don't know much about making more induction noise, i never really got into that whole thing. I had a pod set up on my old VP, but i did a proper one that looked bog stock from the engine bay. Left the factory airbox in, took a fresh 90mm holesaw, cut through the bottom of the airbox and through the steel into the wheel arch (tyre removed of course just in case), took some 90mm PVC piping, slid it into the hole with an angle piece on it so the pod cleared the tyre, used plumbers waterproof silicone to seal everything up, bracketed and bolted the PVC pipe into place so it didn't move, added a second small piece of 90mm PVC pipe to the angled section so it pointed directy at one of the factory left and right side holes in my VP Senator front bar, and Sikaflexed a K&N pod onto the end.

The reason for the extra piece of PVC pipe slotted into the end of the angled piece, was so i could pull the pipe out and wash and oil up the pod filter as they do need weekly cleaning when in a front bar set up.

Worked bloody well. Didn't cost much either. I'll try and dig up some photos.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
You would have noticed your throttle would have been a bit tighter, they do sweet f/a for "performance", you just get slightly tighter throttle. Not a "performance" mod so to speak.

You got some sort of CAI getting cold air into your sealed enclosure?

its only getting cold air from behind the head lights atm but im thinking of putting my OTR back on and attaching piping to the end and running it directly into the enclosure

oh and my pod on a cold start you can hear it in the car loud with windows up lol when warms up bit quiter but still can hear it sucking air in a fair bit

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
lol working at the wreckers a vs came in with the twin pod pvc mod. **** ive never laughed so hard

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
u lose power having 1 lol