Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post cat o2 sensors

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
Hey guys does any one know how a sv6 sidi will react to not having the rear post cat o2 sensors connected changed my exhaust and need new sensors but have to wait a couple of days for them to get to me, I'm guessing it will just run rich or lean. Any help would be great :)

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
May throw some codes , probably run a tad on the rich side as well .

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Hey guys does any one know how a sv6 sidi will react to not having the rear post cat o2 sensors connected changed my exhaust and need new sensors but have to wait a couple of days for them to get to me, I'm guessing it will just run rich or lean. Any help would be great :)

Hey mate how are you.
The post 02 sensor tells the ECM if the catalytic converter are working efficiently. Check engine light should come up right now with no sensors.
Are you using the factory catalytic converter or some high flow cats?
Reason i ask is because if you have high flow cats and you install the new Sensors this will still set the Check engine light on.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Hey guys :)

I just thought about something and wanted to get some feedback, Will changing all your o2 sensors in the ve make it a bit more fuel efficient ? Even tho theres no fault codes coming up but can new 02 sensors be much better ?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Will only throw the inefficient cat code.

New sensors will make a small difference, not really worth it until they **** themselves. But if your car has done more than 150ks then I'd replace them anyway.