Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post your car audio system and pictures

Luke's VX Equip

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx equip
Cool Timy1990, what do you think of the Jensen unit?

I install a HEAP of these, and have had mixed responses in the past.....did you remember to change the tuning frequency to "Europe" instead of "Australia"?

hah mate are u serious this must explain why i can only get ever number frequencys eg(nova 100.3 i can only tune it to 100.2 or 100.4 not as clear.
personaly besides the radio confusion i think its a mad headunit for its money i love it works well and looks smick and does the job :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I might as well post my system, but pictures later as car is in shop.

H/U: Kenwood KDC-X9006U
Front Speakers: Polk Audio MMC6500 Splits
Rear Speakers: Polk Audio MMC6500 Splits
Front Speakers Amp: Cadence ZRS-7504 bridged to 300wrms x 2
Rear Speakers Amp: Cadence ZRS-1502 150wrms x 2
Subs: 2 x 12" Kicker L7s in sealed boxes, but ported hopefully coming soon.
Subs amps: 2 x Cadence ZRS-6000D 700wrms x 2
Stinger 0-gauge
Optima D34

lil lucifer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 A4
Alpine 9887 head unit
Polk mm6501 splits
Polk mm651 rears
powered by Sound stream dtr4 500w 4chnl amp
Audiobahn 2x 12" 400w subs in cutsom moulded fibreglass boxes
powered by a pioneer gm 7200m 800w mono
Im currently building an enclosuer for the amps and wirring in the boot. Should be finnished and covered today.
All self installed and tuned. still mucking about with the tuning. I listen to metal and hardcore mostly and Im pulling my freakin hairout!! As soon as I get one cd sounding cool ill swap bands and its all up the **** again! Ill have to just listen to the well produced stuff untill I can get some good advice. Drum'n'bass like Roni Size, Aphrodite, pendulum and Prodogy sound Fecking amazing and the bass blows holes through your chest and the metal band 'Triviums' album 'shogun' has some of the most earth quaking double bass kicks. Each one is a punch in the chest! I love this system for the stuff all (comarativly) money it cost.
23082009001.jpg

23082009003.jpg

23082009004.jpg

23082009002.jpg

2009_0718photos0005.jpg

2009_0718photos0007.jpg

2009_0725photos0007.jpg

2009_0725photos0005.jpg

2009_0725photos0001.jpg

These pics are the work in progress. The amps on the boards are how it looks right now but will be boxed by the end of the day and the head unit has been fitted and finnished with panels in place.

Last edited:

lil lucifer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 A4
and the box.....
2009_0726photos0008.jpg

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Great job there....i take it this isnt your first install?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
pretty please put a couple of fans on either end of that box! Push pull set-up or something..

Just so we don't have to answer the "Why do my amps keep shutting down?" thread when summer gets around...

otherwise neat and tidy mate. I like you you choice of Polk Audio and the amp. Not so keen on the subs and there amp but hey man, each to their own!

lil lucifer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 A4
Great job there....i take it this isnt your first install?

Ha ha cheers dude. nah its my very 1st. Good advice from club mates whove done it before.

And to Tasmaniak and Philthy, ill take a shot of the other side. its totally open and I drive with the middle rest down and the aircon can blow straight in on super hot summer days. I think the pic shows the rest down. I hope this is plenty of ventilation. Im in the A.C.T and only get maybe 10 scorchers a year. lolz.
The subs and amp are what i got off a mate 2nd hand and are the 1st place ill upgrade. They do the job nicely if just a bit blankety if you get what i mean . Not quite muddy but not clear enough. And im running them fairly hard to keep up with the rest of my set up. They got the previous owner 2nd place in his cat for SPL at summernats last year so they pack a good punch. 128 db in another VY, 126/7 at other comps before I got them. Not that that was my aim with a stereo. Im after great sound with volume and bass punch more than raw air moving db's. Although ive got it anyways.lol.

lil lucifer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 A4
I just got a pic of the rear of the box. I can get easy access to play with the amps as all their controls are facing eachother. im gunna mount a short handle screw driver between them 2mo. And hopefully this should be plenty of ventilation. What do ya reckon?
2009_0727photos0002.jpg

you can see some sound proofing on the boot too. I did all 4 doors. Front has some behined the speakers and over the outer skin the rears are just outer and the boot i just plugged all the holes. Ive got more left and want to do the floor in the front but couldnt be stuffed pulling everything out to do it.