Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pre VE 6 Speed Auto Conversion

Vy caprice ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss ute s2 a4
I'm looking into doing the 6l80e conversion on my vy ute. Can anyone tell me if the 6l80e torque converter bolts to the ls1 flexplate? Also is there a crossmember available for the conversion or is it custom job like the Tailshaft? Thanks for your help

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I was looking at a crewman for sale recently, I thought it was overpriced for what it is. The guy tells me "these cars can be highly modified with engine, gearbox and rear suspension" well I knew where he got his info about engine/gearbox from... but this ute is a solid axle leaf (dinosaur) spring. So I popped into this thread to see if there was any updates to links about that

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
but this ute is a solid axle leaf (dinosaur) spring.

The Crewmans and Tonners are supposed to be work horses and leaf springs are waaay better than coils at taking large loads. It's the same reason that all late model Falcon utes and wagons still use leaf springs. The springs can indeed be swapped out for better ones depending on what you want.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Mine’s not.