Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Private/Witheld numbers

Witholding your number

• Get rid of the stupid phone option

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Keep it

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Yeah, I'd say most households have an answering machine of some sort. My Mum works at the Northern Hospital and those numbers aren't blocked.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Due to some 'stalking' issues with an ex of mine I refuse to answer any calls that come up as private, all my family, friends, work, etc know that I use caller id before I answer the phone and are fine with this

Hmm Could we have had the same gf maybe? hahaha jk

But yeah, I only answer private number during the day, even then I tend not to every time.
Past about 8.30pm I don't answer to private number.
I think they should keep it though, it does come in handy sometimes...

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
i ****ING HATE PEOPLE THAT USE PRIVATE NUMBERS!

Whats it gonna solve???? Why do it????? it causes to many problems and is of no use to anything or one.

on a side note however..... i may just use it to ring this **** of a cop who made a single mum friend of mine walk 3kms in the rain with 3 kids because her rego ran out and he wouldn't let her pay it via Bpay... its was 1 day out of date. He impounded the car.....Surprisingly, it was the same ****ing cop who wouldn't refer me to the defferal program because he "doesn't believe in it". Makes the police look like a bunch of tools.

aZk.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
We had this problem for a while, seems to have died off (hopefully). What I have been told is that most of the time it is from an automated call centre. They have your no. in a list, its dialled up by computer and if theres an available operator on the other end they'll take the call, if not they just they'll just keep calling back. I know what its like though, it should be illegal for them to do it, we we're also screening all private no. calls through our answering machine.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
That is funny as Troy. :rofl: He owes them money, but they hide their identity! :rofl:

Well if you owed people money and they were ringing you and you knew it was them and what they wanted and you dident have the coin would you answer the call ??? im tipping the answer is no :yeah:

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
it is annoying wen people ring u and they have the private number thing on, but tis good wen you do it to sumone else, especially wen u ring the dominos and order pizzas to a random house down the street.

and then try get them out the back of the car while their at the door. lol :yeah:

fun times

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Maybe im just bord coz ill answer anyone anytime hahaha happy for a chat. I love those (soz for sterotyping) indian people that call. I love it you can mess with there head so easy and find out so much info coz most are so dumb. Should try it one time. I once convienced a guy that i was john howards son LMAO

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
it is annoying wen people ring u and they have the private number thing on, but tis good wen you do it to sumone else, especially wen u ring the dominos and order pizzas to a random house down the street.

and then try get them out the back of the car while their at the door. lol :yeah:

fun times

if someone tried that while i delivered a pizza id go after them with a clublock