Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

problems with everything, wheres the matches

95vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
sep94 vr wagon executive
hey allen here

cars heading in to the 575,000k mark

look im having some problems just want some sympathy and maybe advice

got a clunk on the front end passenger side.
started out just when braking, now i get it hiting the ramps, potholes on the and ocationaly tugging the steering wheel..... 2months ago replaced everything but lower control to chassis bush (hoping its the one)

car feels odd goes alright with lower throttle but anything over 3/4 it just feels sluggish. started doing this last month.
not missing
plugs, leads, pump, gearbox serviced to no avail
gougin pin in number 4 cylinder is rooted but compression is fine.. has been knocking for ruffly 75,000. plenty of 210kmph drives and has been driven hard for the two years ive had it. previous owners used her for burnouts (used to go like clappers) put a few sv6s and ls1s to shame

could it be that the timing chain i put on last year has slipped?????

seem to have a wobble in the flexplate+noise (bolts tight)
worth aftermarket plate???

diff+drive shaft is clunky. needs rebuild

on bright side, the body and interior are nice

anyone give me 15,000 to rebuild her lol

chearz

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
In all fairness , over half million kilometres is a good effort in a pre- ecotec motor , its a long shot , but contact Holden and tell them how much mileage is on the clock , you never know , they may come through .

95vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
sep94 vr wagon executive
In all fairness , over half million kilometres is a good effort in a pre- ecotec motor , its a long shot , but contact Holden and tell them how much mileage is on the clock , you never know , they may come through .

yer i suppose its alright. for a car thats been thrashed. hehe like a holden special, sit in the show room to say "we make cars to last"

VIDEO0042 - YouTube hears my old girl after i fix things like diffs, front end clunks, flexplate issues and power issues i wouldent mind going a bigger cam. be buggered if all buicks are this lumpy

95vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
sep94 vr wagon executive
yer i spouse it is a prety good effort from a trashed car. hehe like a holden special to sit in the showroom and say "we build cars to last"

VIDEO0042 - YouTube hears my old girl after i fix things like diffs, front end clunks, flexplate issues and power issues i wouldent mind going a bigger cam. sorry about the length of the video. be stumped if all buicks are this lumpy