Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Products you dont mind paying extra money for

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Haha, well unfortunately its not that simple, the only reason why my gf's is playing up is due to it being second hand, it had alot of rubbish on it from the previous owner, and it's not liking how it is being used now. I should be able to get around it by restarting it, seems to fix nearly all problems. (Mind you it still works, all music is there, it just cannot update more songs until I restart.)

iRiver is the only competition for it in the high range spectrum, and iRiver seems to fall short on many factors.

we get heaps of ipods back at work, their quality control is very sub-par. Top model creative's are the pick of the bunch at the moment, both for features and build quality, although im sure iriver will be out with an even better unit soon.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Just thought of something else to add to this thread..

Those DVDs y'see at the $2 shop and the $2 bin at DSE or wherever, fair enough there's some nice documentaries about war (a topic I'm fascinated with) but most of the movies I couldn't see myself personally watching - I know there's fans of them but I'm not one of them :\ (and I know the irony that in 20 years the movies I like now will end up in such places)

This cheapy webcam came from China and cost ~$20, but it's pretty good and I've had it for a few years now.. probably because it never gets used though, cheapy keyboards and mice are ALL dead :( that's partly why I bought this ridiculous keyboard/mouse..

*looks around* oh I remember one! Cheapy computer desk.. it's rooted, the "wood"s all peeled off at the top revealing chipboard and the keyboard tray keeps falling down because after all it's made of chipboard and the screw came loose over time

lol old people love those dvds

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
some expensive stuff that's stuffed.....
Ipod mini... well it's not stuffed at all, but has to be charged every 4-5 days even if i don't listen to it much. got it cheap so it's not that bad
iRiver battery lasts even less. won in online trivia
Dremel - this one pissed me right off..... spun a bearing after 4 months of little use, took in to get repaired under warrenty, 4 months later i got it back, and spun the replacement bearing within 2 weeks.
had various tv's die, but they were all cheap, saving for a decent one, but i don't watch tv so it's not a priority
dvd player, only one I've ever owned, still works, but the battery terminals in the remote needed sanding every day just to use it. threw remote out. waiting on replacement player to arrive (another prize)
My laptop, HDD crash after 2 weeks, replaced under warrenty. lost everything though. battery started to play up near end of warrenty. warrenty expires, battery is stuffed - must remain on charger to use, and hinge siezed causing case to tear and pinch screen wiring. easily fixed but $$$$$
think that's all

Emporer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8
well guys i only have a few things i dont buy cheap

- Car parts and accessories. its all holden

- Laptops / computer parts

- business atire (spend alot of time in a suit or slacks and a good shirt so it needs to be good.)

those would be the only things i wont scrimp on

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
SEX I refuse to buy cheap sex! :D

After all we are all paying for it.

LOL

OH! come on guy laugh its only a joke. I think?:dance:

pendulum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore (50th An.), Holden Cruze CDX Diesel
i've seen plenty of name-brand tools last less time then cheaper ones.

I agree with that, my brother who's an aviation apprentice has had his fair share of tools brake... That wouldn't be so bad as they are all under lifetime/20 year warranty, and the Snap-On man in the area is a little "tight".

OK let's see, for me, I tend to pay extra for brand names, I like brand loyalty and normally end up shelling out too much cause of it. My last 4 pairs of shoes have cost me nearly $1000, which is a fair bit for a student. But really, other than that, I like brand name clothing, car stereos and PC gear :)

al99

Reaction score
Im glad im not the only tight ass around lol
The things i will pay extra for is my bike gear. Not for the safety but the brand lol. i am a brand whore. I would rather pay 3 times the price just to have the brand. Joe rocket seems to have some decently priced stuff these days, a lil cheaper than alpinestars or dainese. Even those i have a alpinestars and dainese jacket. I will always buy pilot powers for tyres though.
With runners i go to the fila factory. Get a pair for 60-100 bucks. I have 15 pairs of fila runners at home lol. Time to get more too
I will buy some homebrand stuff, sugar, milk or discounted meat. il put it straight in the freezer.
With bread il buy it from the bakery as i know its fresher than the supermarkets. As said some products, say light globes il buy the 2nd cheapest. With clothing il pay, as u wont jeans with the cut that i like.
One thing i wont skim on is accomodation on holidays. Has to be 4 stars or better lol. I try to fly with quantas domestic. dont mind paying the 50 extra return. u get to eat lol. Recently a 2 week trip to perth cost 3grand. Stayed in a really nice place. 5 star. Going to surfers paradise the week after next and its going to be a lil povo. flying virgin and staying in a 4 star place lol, my friend isnt smart with her money so we have to sacrifice lol. Anyways im speaking ****, been drinking and need moarrrrrrr alchohol lol