Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Psychopath vandalised my car

ScufVZwags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX8
Sorry to hear bout the scratches mate. Hope u manage to sort them out

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Just came back from EcoWash, nothing they could do. Went to another place, they said the scratches are too deep to polish out. Requires sanding back. They know of some guy who can do that, will go over to him sometime this evening or tomorrow. Just want to know, will sanding harm the clearcoat of the car? And what are the chances of it going successfully, considering the scratches I have?

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
lol, maybe..

There should be no shortage of sand paper atleast. In all seriousness just get it fixed properly, dodgey touchups cost more in the long run

simz1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Equipe

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
What exactly do you mean by touch-up guys? Someone who can apply touch-up paint properly? I'm afraid that might make the scratches look worse though. Would sanding the globs of touch-up paint to level of car paint + polish solve the problem? What I also need to know is: Is this a temporary or permanant solution? Scratches will return after a few washes or that's the end of them?

CapriciousWL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice
Looked at the damage - definitely not nice.

On another note, why couldn't GMH move the handbrake when converting to LHD? Are all conversions like this?

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Looked at the damage - definitely not nice.

On another note, why couldn't GMH move the handbrake when converting to LHD? Are all conversions like this?

Hehe yep, handbrake's on the passenger side. Its a cost-cutting method I think, so they don't have to keep shifting the position of the handbrake for RHD and LHD cars. Same principle applies to the window switches. They're centered in both cars.

Guys, I'll see if the "touch-up sand down" can be done, or something similar, on the weekend though (Thurs and Fri here). In the meantime, if anyone can offer some ideas or suggestions, please do so.

Thanks for the help mates.