Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Puddi's Mazda 6 MPS

dingeldei

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman
rims look good. keen for more updates

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I test drove one of these in white as a potential new car for the wife. It was really nice to drive, good pep, smooth etc.
But the price put us off a bit. We ended up getting a more responsible Epica for her instead LOL. newer, less km's, 2/5 the price.

Part of me still wishes we had got the MPS-6 though, excepting the dept that would come with it.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Just thought I'd update, guy decided not to sell rims as I was finding quotes for post (Share building with courier company so wanted to see what they can do for me)
Got quoted $240 a tyre from bridgestone across the road, I need new fronts, some kind of Falken tyre and I've been told not to mix them being an AWD car.
Got sub install done on weekend, wanted it done professionally so I didn't mess anything up and forked out $150. Sub doesn't work, rear right speaker doesn't work and now my radio display is blank apparently due to the aftermarket headunit popup thing, I don't see what the difference would have been if they plugged in a remote and spliced into some speaker wires..

And true Deuce, most around here are 15-18k depending on the mods and km. Low demand though so nowadays go cheapish, got mine for 13k which is why I went for it aha, was looking at these for the past year

Getting decent service tomorrow, including a new oil feed bolt for the turbo, started getting a slight puff on idle after ~5-10min, apparently oil can't make it out of the turbo quickly enough and oil feed is too large. I've been idling at 1k rpm instead and due to less (or more idk) vacuum it won't smoke so will see how this bolt goes but saving for turbo upgrade now.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Decent service is done - Fully Synthetic Engine Oil, Filter, Spark Plugs, Synthetic Gearbox, Transfer Case and Diff Oil all in. Turbo Oil Feed Bolt is now in and I have yet to smoke in traffic which is a good sign, all that for $200.

Shall be getting a Cobb Accessport soon, will be able to flash tune (Extra 35kw apparently as Australian MPS and 20kw detuned compared to American Mazdaspeeds) and will be able to monitor a lot of stuff and if need be raise my idle incase of smoke again
Then will be turbo inlet pipe, probably short ram intake and BNR S3 Turbo, basically a GT2871r apparently ~~ 30% more power, apparently my mounts are looking good but them and Fuel Pump internals are next as well

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Something looks off here

This happened

Wet, dark, guy pulled out in front of me with no headlights. Coulda been worse

I came prepared and was about to pick these up the next day ----

Proceeded to get spotted on my first drive

If only the back end was always that low. Not sure if big turbo + supporting mods or coilovers next... also got my Cobb Accessport, didn't notice a difference with a tune. Quite often people call these predators of WRXs and I ended up believing it after having a bit of fun with a stock one.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Get some good swaybars before coilovers. You'd be amazed at the difference.

Also, brakes.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Something looks off here

This happened

Wet, dark, guy pulled out in front of me with no headlights. Coulda been worse

I came prepared and was about to pick these up the next day ----

Proceeded to get spotted on my first drive

If only the back end was always that low. Not sure if big turbo + supporting mods or coilovers next... also got my Cobb Accessport, didn't notice a difference with a tune. Quite often people call these predators of WRXs and I ended up believing it after having a bit of fun with a stock one.

If you take it down to whoop ass let me know i'll bring the subi and we can find out ;D

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Hi all
Few updates on car will kinda spread it out a little. Couple stickers on the back 'May the boost be with you' and I saw a V6 commy with a '0-100 Eventually' sticker so I got one and chucked it on... brake calipers are now red and front badge is black. I plan on debadging the rear, maybe keeping the MPS badge but not 100% yet. Been taking the car to gravel tracks and sand pits and it's been great fun, apart from pretty much sandblasting the black from the rims a little. Cooked the power steering pump doing helis, new one is in (Quoted $750 brand new.. got second hand for $100) and fluid flushed, it was pretty much black.. I also have a power steering cooler now but yet to install, about 4 times the size of the stock one and can cut holes in the foglight housing for some extra airflow. Really want an intake and BoV for a little less subtle turbo action, at least if I want to be heard I can be. Next couple mods likely to be Engine & Gearbox mounts, then Diff Mounts with the rear swaybar. Looking at slotted rotors and performance pads after that. Oh, almost forgot my timing chain/VVT has started to make the cold start rattle so I have the parts ($480 instead of Mazda's quoted $700) and just need to get the labour done which I have one quote so far for $1,000. Here have a bunch of pictures (Actually when I get home there's lots)

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Hi all
Few updates on car will kinda spread it out a little. Couple stickers on the back 'May the boost be with you' and I saw a V6 commy with a '0-100 Eventually' sticker so I got one and chucked it on... brake calipers are now red and front badge is black. I plan on debadging the rear, maybe keeping the MPS badge but not 100% yet. Been taking the car to gravel tracks and sand pits and it's been great fun, apart from pretty much sandblasting the black from the rims a little. Cooked the power steering pump doing helis, new one is in (Quoted $750 brand new.. got second hand for $100) and fluid flushed, it was pretty much black.. I also have a power steering cooler now but yet to install, about 4 times the size of the stock one and can cut holes in the foglight housing for some extra airflow. Really want an intake and BoV for a little less subtle turbo action, at least if I want to be heard I can be. Next couple mods likely to be Engine & Gearbox mounts, then Diff Mounts with the rear swaybar. Looking at slotted rotors and performance pads after that. Oh, almost forgot my timing chain/VVT has started to make the cold start rattle so I have the parts ($480 instead of Mazda's quoted $700) and just need to get the labour done which I have one quote so far for $1,000. Here have a bunch of pictures (Actually when I get home there's lots)

Wall of text, but the main point I got from it, CAR PARTS.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Wall of text, but the main point I got from it, CAR PARTS. 

More or less maintenance but yes. Finally got my subwoofer working, long story short audio shop stuffed up after blaming my headunit and amp. The wire for the converter to RCAs that they cut into was the wire for my little red display (shows air con, colume, radio station etc) which they initially said stopped working due to headunit. Removed it, cut into a speaker wire and it all worked perfectly... will get pics up soon here have some 4WDing ones

Last edited: