Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Punctures

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Punctures will be more prevalent these days due in part to tradies who don't secure their utes contents before racing off to the next job.
Nothing these days to see tools/screws/ on the roads not to mention the almost new makita jackhammer chisel I picked up off the road about a month ago.
Imagine a chisel about 400mm long getting thrown up by a wheel and coming through your windscreen.

The best thing I removed from a tyre was the twine from the end of a backhoe barrow....It came from a garbage truck...Needless to say, the driver had to go home and change his jocks :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thanks for the reply. I'm not surprised with your response. I guess I'm a bit more anxious about punctures with this car as it has no spare tyre, just a pump and a bottle of sealant fluid.

Nothing against you, but I'd love to get the sealant they use and shove it straight up their noses...My farts smell better than that stuff and my farts can clear a room easily... :oops:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
here you go, if you really wanted the factory spare setup you should be able to find the whole kit at a wrecker with the jack and tools

2021-03-10.jpg

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Interesting, thanks for the picture. For some reason I thought it wasn't possible to have the woofer and spare fitted together.

I might investigate further.

I must admit having a pump will get you home with a slow leak rather than having to jack the car on what can sub optimum surfaces.

The scissor jack that came with my VY is that poorly constructed and potentially unstable I'd be very nervous using it in anger.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Interesting, thanks for the picture. For some reason I thought it wasn't possible to have the woofer and spare fitted together.

I might investigate further.

I must admit having a pump will get you home with a slow leak rather than having to jack the car on what can sub optimum surfaces.

The scissor jack that came with my VY is that poorly constructed and potentially unstable I'd be very nervous using it in anger.

I personally detest sissor jacks.....I prefer trolley jacks....You can get them on special under $50 which would be suitable for jacking the car up on most surfaces.....

Having seen varying sorts of punctures, which would have left people stranded, I would much prefer to have a spare and trolley jack, rather than a sub woofer...But each to their own.....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
One car sticks in my mind...A fellow in a BMW Z4 had the magic sealant in a can and air pump.....This poor fella picked up a screw driver in his tyre....He drove his car in for the puncture....Unfortunately for him, the screwdriver not only stuffed his tyre, but actually stuffed his rim....The only saving grace was a standard 15X6 commodore rim bolted on, which got him out the sheet....

So whilst this is an extreme example of what can occur, the possibilities are always there for it to occur

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I personally detest sissor jacks.....I prefer trolley jacks....You can get them on special under $50 which would be suitable for jacking the car up on most surfaces.....

Having seen varying sorts of punctures, which would have left people stranded, I would much prefer to have a spare and trolley jack, rather than a sub woofer...But each to their own.....
I have trolley jack for use at home, it's a bit big and heavy to be lugging it around in the luggage area.

On the other hand a bottle jack is a good portable jack except most of them aren't short enough to fit under the car especially with a flat tyre. Hence why the likes of scissor jacks are popular.

The ratchet jacks on the VB and VC Commodores were quite good, provided you angled them correctly to start with otherwise you stood a very good chance of the jack leg damaging the side of the car as you lowered the jack.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I have trolley jack for use at home, it's a bit big and heavy to be lugging it around in the luggage area.

On the other hand a bottle jack is a good portable jack except most of them aren't short enough to fit under the car especially with a flat tyre. Hence why the likes of scissor jacks are popular.

The ratchet jacks on the VB and VC Commodores were quite good, provided you angled them correctly to start with otherwise you stood a very good chance of the jack leg damaging the side of the car as you lowered the jack.

Something around this size is what I'm referring to...Comes with it's own carry case too

1615492286759.png

If you consider that to big and heavy, that's fine