So it's been a while fore updates on this thing. I've been fixing up a few things on her while driving the ss now that thats all fixed up. had to fix my console because it was breaking around the power window switches due to my shotty craftsmanship
some of you might call me crazy but I decided to try a brushed aluminium effect. Someone at work kinda mentioned that I should do something weird so I decided to get a bit experimental in the spray booth lol. You're either going to like this or think its really ****. I will put it in the car and decide whether it needs to just be matte black again or not lol. so far I kinda like it though. it's different, that's for sure
^^for those that haven't read through this is how it looked. I made it out of 2 consoles, my calais one which I took the top plate off, replaced it with the manual one and patched then painted some stuff.
Ok so here it is based up in silver.
Before putting on any clearcoat I ran a red scotch bright down the length of the console carefuly in a nice (mostly) straight line.
I used semi gloss clear to finish it off. heres a bit of a mock up photo in my shed with the shifter boot on and the switches in the new strengthened holes lol.
Just a bit of a close up because it is hard to tell the effect in the pics.
hopefully it doesnt look too out of place in the car. I really had no intention of doing this until about half an hour before I painted it lol. I kinda wish I had bought a new ashtray now this one has a corner missing and all my spares do too!