Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

QLD Un-signed police speed camera vans

210lpa

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS2 Sedan
Whilst on my travels today 13.11.09 i was driving along Moffatt st ipswich and saw a un signed police speed camera van is that illegal ? It was parked at the bottom of a small hill,both sides ,blind crest?whilst taking the pictures on my digi cam i saw the flash a few times for some poor buggers.Dont start on the dont speed and you want get done .
I wasnt speeding as i know what its like to not have one ,Im just concerned about the revenue thay make for the government.If they really wanted to do their job properly they would pull them up then book them instead of getting a fine in the mail.

Attachments

• PIC00003.jpg
    PIC00003.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 3,284
  • PIC00004.jpg
    PIC00004.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 7,540

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
pretty sure its illegal .. they gota display a sign in QLD

210lpa

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS2 Sedan
I was giong to ring up the transport people and ask them see what they say ,it wasnt parked there for very long after i rang the local police and asked them ,they reckoned its legal but i wouldnt believe a word they say ,i might do some more enquiries on monday and find out for sure.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Bollocks it is, if it were legal they would never show the sign. As is, I regularly see them parallel to the road and 1 metre in front of/behind the van so that it's impossible to read unless you're literally right next to the van.

If they're gonna legislate stuff like this, they should do it properly. Regardless of whether or not motorists deserve a warning that they will be pinged if speeding, the state has chosen to require the signs.I reckon they should be required to mount them on the roof, adjacent to the road, not parallel to it, so you can actually see it.

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
In SA they recently changed the law so those grubby little nerds in camera cars dont have to get out and put up signs. so that makes them more or less cab drivers lol

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
have a listen to the QLD boys having a sook about not having a warning sign when theres a camera about.

MagiTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S
Oh Sorry WildSS. I guess some of us like to have freedoms and rights, we bitch because if we didnt, then we would be up shits creek.

I believe someone said it a lot better then me.. (Yeah, i know its not really a quote by Edmund Burke)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men to do nothing "

Look at england for an example of what happens when people just let themselves be monitored (for the good of the children, of course)

Despite the fact that most people can pick a camera van a mile off, the law is the law. And if the cops dont even bother to abide by it, then why should we?

I also agree that the signs should be infront of the van (ie so the traffic being targetted can see the sign)

somerandom

Reaction score
maybe it's because i'm victorian, but that doesn't look like a speed camera car? don't they have things mounted to the bumper bar, the way he's parked (wheels full locked to the right) makes me think it's uncaring, would have thought they'd take the extra second to put some effort in straightening the wheel lol... guess I can't blame him, all they do is sit in the seat, listening to the radio, watching some tv... :p

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Oh Sorry WildSS. I guess some of us like to have freedoms and rights, we bitch because if we didnt, then we would be up shits creek.

I believe someone said it a lot better then me.. (Yeah, i know its not really a quote by Edmund Burke)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men to do nothing "

Look at england for an example of what happens when people just let themselves be monitored (for the good of the children, of course)

Despite the fact that most people can pick a camera van a mile off, the law is the law. And if the cops dont even bother to abide by it, then why should we?

I also agree that the signs should be infront of the van (ie so the traffic being targetted can see the sign)

calm down. wildss simply means that take a trip down to victoria and you dont get your special signs before each camera car

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Maybe they werent speed checking? Maybe surveying or that new RAPID (if you's have it) or something similar. If you did get done speeding, then face it. You were speeding. But im sure if you wanted to contest it you could.