Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

QLD Un-signed police speed camera vans

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
LOL, oh ok, so a radar malfunctions, doesn't do it's duty and decides to snap you doing 90KPH in a 100KPH with a reading of 120KPH....example.

would you accept it? alot of people are accepting alot of corruptness, and needs to venture outside their bedroom to see what is really going on..

No I wouldnt accept it, I wasn't speeding. Plus I dont see how having a sign saying "Your speed has been checked" is going to have anything to do with a radar malfunction?

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
might say the reason it wasnt signed was because thats not a speed camera van perhaps. your lucky, it's not a speed camera. dont worry.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
All I Have Too Say It They Are A Bunch of Revenue Raising Idiots.

I suppose fines given out by any government department is revenue raising?

Being caught by a signed/unsigned speed camera is no different than being caught by any other method. Be it a police officer on patrol, or an unmarked car in a bush with a radar.

If people don't speed, they can't raise squat. But unfortunately, people do speed. Sometimes unintentionally and sometimes deliberatelty.

At the end of the day, if you are speeding and you get caught...Well that's your own fault. Not the "Revenue Raising Idiots" that caught you.

stu-k

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS AFM
I suppose fines given out by any government department is revenue raising?

Being caught by a signed/unsigned speed camera is no different than being caught by any other method. Be it a police officer on patrol, or an unmarked car in a bush with a radar.

If people don't speed, they can't raise squat. But unfortunately, people do speed. Sometimes unintentionally and sometimes deliberatelty.

At the end of the day, if you are speeding and you get caught...Well that's your own fault. Not the "Revenue Raising Idiots" that caught you.

It is when thats their answer to the road toll and do little else

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
It is when thats their answer to the road toll and do little else

So, when a person receives a fine for speeding, it's not the individuals fault they got the infringement, it's the revenue raising governments fault for handing out the ticket because it's the only way they have to reduce the road toll? Have the government released any sort of statement saying that "Speed camera's are our only form of attempting to reduce the road toll"?

Because last time I checked there is the National Road Safety Strategy is one of the methods in place from 2001 -2010, targeting multiple areas of our road transport system. Not just speeding drivers.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
yeh i can't see the camera set up on the bullbar..

In my experience when I lived in QLD, many of the camera vans (only the mercs, not the land cruisers) had the cameras mounted in the rear of the van, facing out of the tinted rear window. 100% concealed with no flash. :)

stu-k

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS AFM
So, when a person receives a fine for speeding, it's not the individuals fault they got the infringement, it's the revenue raising governments fault for handing out the ticket because it's the only way they have to reduce the road toll? Have the government released any sort of statement saying that "Speed camera's are our only form of attempting to reduce the road toll"?

Because last time I checked there is the National Road Safety Strategy is one of the methods in place from 2001 -2010, targeting multiple areas of our road transport system. Not just speeding drivers.

Yes I agree its their fault. But when 3 people die(different accidents) on a road next to your house where speed wasnt a factor and for the 2 weeks after each death there is a speed camera there it makes me sick.
There main target is speed

stu-k

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS AFM
What would you like them to do? Employ 50% of the state population so that theres a 1:1 ratio of cops to civilians?

How bout making it harder to get a license to start with..defencive driving and BC courses etc not just how many hours a learner sits in the car. Hospital trips to see people with arms and legs ripped off is probably a good idea also.

There is so many things that could be done and booking people for 5-10ks over isnt gunna do ****