Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

QLD Un-signed police speed camera vans

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Yes I agree its their fault. But when 3 people die(different accidents) on a road next to your house where speed wasnt a factor and for the 2 weeks after each death there is a speed camera there it makes me sick.
There main target is speed

Despite the reasoning for why a camera is there or how long it's there, my point is if people don't speed, they won't have to pay a fine and the government get nothing. But as long as people keep speeding, it's these people that are funding the Government's "revenue raising".

What I find even more bizzare, it that it's only ever speed camera's labelled as revenue raising. What about the unmarked TOG cars that spend a day booking people for un-roadworthy vehicles, driving without a seat belt, using a mobile phone while driving, illegal u-turns, or going through a stop sign. They're never labelled as revenue raising. They're merely officers doing their job, handing out fines to those who break the law. And they way I see it is, a speed camera is no different. If you break the law and get caught, there are consequenses. No matter what catches you.

There is so many things that could be done and booking people for 5-10ks over isnt gunna do ****

Regardless of whether it helps or not, driving 5-10 kph over the speed limit is STILL breaking the law. And just like any other law, there are consequences for breaking them.

stu-k

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS AFM
Despite the reasoning for why a camera is there or how long it's there, my point is if people don't speed, they won't have to pay a fine and the government get nothing. But as long as people keep speeding, it's these people that are funding the Government's "revenue raising".

What I find even more bizzare, it that it's only ever speed camera's labelled as revenue raising. What about the unmarked TOG cars that spend a day booking people for un-roadworthy vehicles, driving without a seat belt, using a mobile phone while driving, illegal u-turns, or going through a stop sign. They're never labelled as revenue raising. They're merely officers doing their job, handing out fines to those who break the law. And they way I see it is, a speed camera is no different. If you break the law and get caught, there are consequenses. No matter what catches you.

Regardless of whether it helps or not, driving 5-10 kph over the speed limit is STILL breaking the law. And just like any other law, there are consequences for breaking them.

Yep thats why a lot of people dont respect the law, but i agree people shouldnt bitch when they get caught.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
It really wont be long before they dont have to mark up :)

But, the speed vehicles here are full blown 4WD ones..Hard to miss,, POLICE written all over it :)
i miss those obvious camera cars. always toymota landcruisers too. but the camera cars are pretty bloody obvious down here, always the same make/model, only the colour varies

yeh i can't see the camera set up on the bullbar..

you obviously never seen the internal mounted cameras like the one that popped me on mt gravatt-capalaba rd on friday. see them everywhere, i rarely see the external cams now

Chilli_Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX XU6
Theres always an unmarked/unsigned gold landcruiser speedcam southbound on the M1 near yatalla.
Just a heads up for anyone going that way.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
you obviously never seen the internal mounted cameras like the one that popped me on mt gravatt-capalaba rd on friday. see them everywhere, i rarely see the external cams now

Ah you got hit by that one? I drive on that road to work every day, probably once a week I see them set up somewhere there, if not then they hide on Alperton road behind a bush. Alperton is a 60 zone, should really be 70+, except for the lack of a shoulder heh.

And yes, I agree with you; I can't remember the last time I saw a camera car/van with the camera/flash mounted outside it, every single one I can remember has been mounted inside.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Whilst on my travels today 13.11.09 i was driving along Moffatt st ipswich and saw a un signed police speed camera van is that illegal ? It was parked at the bottom of a small hill,both sides ,blind crest?whilst taking the pictures on my digi cam i saw the flash a few times for some poor buggers.Dont start on the dont speed and you want get done .
I wasnt speeding as i know what its like to not have one ,Im just concerned about the revenue thay make for the government.If they really wanted to do their job properly they would pull them up then book them instead of getting a fine in the mail.

Where is the speed camera mounted? Obviously uses a different system to every other state I have been in.

The signal has to be returned to the camera, no way in hell it can be accurate shooting through glass and signal back, which is why there are bars mounted externally on the front of vehicle.

What makes you think this was a mobile speed camera? If it were a police vehicle it was probably just radar/laser.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
AAnd yes, I agree with you; I can't remember the last time I saw a camera car/van with the camera/flash mounted outside it, every single one I can remember has been mounted inside.

Of course they are mounted inside...they have been for near on a decade here, they still require an external sender/receiver mounted on the front of the vehicle to work correctly.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Im just concerned about the revenue thay make for the government.If they really wanted to do their job properly they would pull them up then book them instead of getting a fine in the mail.

And I guess retail shop security should have to wear bright pink flashing vests that say "I ARREST SHOPLIFTERS!" so they have a fair chance not to get caught? Or maybe undercover officers on drug busts should put their uniforms on too, I mean it's really not cricket for the dealers is it?

What a crock!

They are making money from people breaking the law, they aren't "poor buggers", if you speed you take the risk you'll get caught. This kind of detection I think is great, because if you DO get done by one of these, I bet you'll get a whole lot more paranoid about where the next one might be, and that might just slow you right down. It's easy to spot a signposted camera, people just speed between them - this is a genuine deterrent.

Why waste time driving around and chasing people down? Why is that "doing the job properly"? It's exactly the same outcome, except you'll waste time and effort doing it, and while you're doing that you're missing more people speeding.

Cameras do a better job, with much greater efficiency. People only bitch about them because they are that good.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
So are these pity only for bikes
MannsMotorsports.com

I'm sure you can get the same thing for cars, or even make one yourself if you had a mind to. You'd get caught eventually though, and you'll get bent over and rammed by Constable Plod when you do.