Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

QLD Un-signed police speed camera vans

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Wow you'd be really reamed by the cops if they found one of those on your bike.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Ahh so thats how you get your pizza in 20min or less. They will get bet over the bonnet when caught. Besides how would it work on a company car, cop with handheld unit will catch you, and van will take picture of car with dominos or something on the side.

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Yeah, I have seen sites for these things for cars. Have also seen them in real life, some deckhead left his car parked in the CBD with it down lol. Although I dont think it would be hard to make. There are also clear sprays which reflect off the plate so the cam can't read it, wouldn't entirely trust it though.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Yeah, I have seen sites for these things for cars. Have also seen them in real life, some deckhead left his car parked in the CBD with it down lol. Although I dont think it would be hard to make. There are also clear sprays which reflect off the plate so the cam can't read it, wouldn't entirely trust it though.

:rofl: at the silicone spray myth. Try it, go on I dare you!!!

stu-k

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS AFM
I'm sure you can get the same thing for cars, or even make one yourself if you had a mind to. You'd get caught eventually though, and you'll get bent over and rammed by Constable Plod when you do.

Have mates that have used thems for years and never been busted for anything :rofl2:

S

StealthCalais

Where is the speed camera mounted? Obviously uses a different system to every other state I have been in.

The signal has to be returned to the camera, no way in hell it can be accurate shooting through glass and signal back, which is why there are bars mounted externally on the front of vehicle.

What makes you think this was a mobile speed camera? If it were a police vehicle it was probably just radar/laser.

Roadsmart

Have a look at this site if your unsure of how they operate... some good pictures of the inside too! Majority of mobile speed cameras I see up here are the Mercedes vans, sometimes they are marked... othertimes they arn't. The gold landcruisers usually hang around the M1.

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
Ahh so thats how you get your pizza in 20min or less. They will get bet over the bonnet when caught. Besides how would it work on a company car, cop with handheld unit will catch you, and van will take picture of car with dominos or something on the side.

i used my car coz i got extra money, and the company car was a toyota echo or ford festiva. so i picked my car lol. i dont think it ever took me 20 mins to deliver a pizza lol, maybe 10 -15 max haha. but i dont do that no more... i lost my licence haha