Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

question about keeping traction in utes and getting used to power. 290RKW.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
umm no, the OP asked a question about high powered cars and losing traction. Which I have a lot of experience.

If you want to take my answers as criticism of your driving ability then that's fine, my point is, the "ideas" you have posted up are dangerous to other road users (in my opinion) and being a forum, I am free to voice that opinion. Whether you agree with my opinion is up to you.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
whats so wrong with dropping into second on 80km freeway to overtake?

Why would you need to drop down to 2nd gear? 4th gear would be adequate enough for a 300rwkw car.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Why would you need to drop down to 2nd gear? 4th gear would be adequate enough for a 300rwkw car.

Cruising from a slow turn onto the highway you would likely be in third, a torquey gear on the 6L80e even at 1500rpm. Third Gear takes you from 20 to 80kph in less than five seconds on part throttle without effort, slip nor slide. Mash the pedal a bit (no kick down) when at 80 in 3rd and you'll do 100kph within two seconds, 110kph within three. Hold a couple of seconds more and you'll be doing 160kph in the same gear.

[video=youtube_share;-YGQnjNyl2Y]http://youtu.be/-YGQnjNyl2Y[/video]

BTW it is torque that accelerates the vehicle at that speed, forget horsepower. Everything is calculated precisely for you to ride the torque multiplication of the auto to cruise anywhere quickly, comfortably and safely. Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel and you'll be right.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
your car is fast enough to pull away from most situations (whatever they may be??) and your very question seems to be from an unexperienced driver. More power isn't going to help an inexperienced driver in ANY situation.
don't fool yourself saying power upgrades have anything to do with pulling onto freeways. Even a funking toyota carolla can get upto speed on our on ramps.
If your thinking safety, leave it standard. Your brakes are only just good enough as it is.

YOU'LL HAVE NO TRACTION PROBLEMS WITH 290RWKW! !

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
I can only just be barely ####ed to reply anymore.

Just reread the title. For the third time, this thread comes down to safety. If I didn't give a flying #### what would be the point of my thread? there would not be one. I'm asking about adequate tyres and weights in utes with such power. Nothing was ever mentioned what your fallacy freeway speed was ethier big al.... I'd appreciate in the future if you could not post in my further threads with your **** posting cancer

and as for you Herbie... telling me not to drive on roads on Qld and Sa because you don't want a call from the police saying I've killed a family member of yours? I'm offended.. My last girlfriend was an amputee from the hip down from a speeding wreckless idiot that is far from me kiddo

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Why the need for more power?

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS

how would I know? I only know what is in a stock ss. Power figures mean #### all to me.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Please don't drive on any South Australian or Queensland roads, I don't want to get a phone call saying one of my family member are dead thanks to a hectk driver with a 290wk ute.

I think you just dropped over-dramatization back into second and gave it a massive squirt!

:nopity::nopity::nopity:

for real?