Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RACV Roadside Assist A Rip Off

Rosco994

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy V6 S2 Ute
I have racq roadside assist and the three times I have used it they were extremely helpful. My fuel pump was slowly dying in my old van and they got me started every time and usually pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
rac's are a waste of time, if your car is that broken you can't get it going just get it towed.

Yergin

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 MY08 WM Caprice 6.0L V8
I have had RACV roadside since 18, nothing but useful, needed my first car broken into once for locking the keys in, needed a few jump starts, also had my old car towed once, but the best one was the alternator went and he patched it so i had a chance of getting home and if i didn't get home i'd at least be close enough to be towed for free, it died in the driveway!.
they are an assistance to get you off the roadside as everyone has said.
all 3 cars with them, they even gave me 3 months free roadside on my WM since my old car was written off and had issues transfering the write off car onto the new car details.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
RACV is a great thing, for towing and flat batteries. I manage our fleet at work and the amount of bozo's who flatten their battery overnight is amazing....
+1 for RACV fleetcare

Yergin

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 MY08 WM Caprice 6.0L V8
RACV is a great thing, for towing and flat batteries. I manage our fleet at work and the amount of bozo's who flatten their battery overnight is amazing....
+1 for RACV fleetcare

or those that put unleaded or adblue into a diesel fuel tank......

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
rac's are a waste of time, if your car is that broken you can't get it going just get it towed.
When I did my tailshaft at Heathcote I used RACV to get a tow to the workshop who work on my car.
That's a distance of 100K's, the RACV yearly membership was less then that one tow would of cost.