Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio Code After Holdens Been Shutdown?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Possible number of combinations from four digits is 10000.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
Possible number of combinations from four digits is 10000.
that is based on numerals 1 - 10
radio only has 1 - 6
1296 combinations

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
that is based on numerals 1 - 10
radio only has 1 - 6
1296 combinations
1296 yes I remember that number.
Just print them out on an A4 sheet and tick them off as you try them. Try 12 codes a day and you will find it within 130 days! :)

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I haven’t tried cracking the code on a VX system, but I have done a different (but similar?) radio for someone else many many years ago.

It sounds similar. It would lock up for a period of time if the wrong code was entered, and it only had 6 digits. I opened it up and worked out that the memory was retained by a capacitor and thus this set the lock out time after an unsuccessful code entry. What i did was wire up a resistor and momentary switch across that capacitor. This allowed me to discharge that capacitor and reset the lock out time. Another switch (toggle switch) was wired in to the 12V supply (equivalent to disconnecting the battery). It was then a matter of turn on the 12V, try a code, if unsuccessful, turn off the 12V, press the momentary switch, and repeat with the next code. I could then try several codes per minute, so about an hour or so later I had worked out the code.

Rippa1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
Hi I need the radio code for my newly bought (from family) 2002 VX commodore. RACQ jump started my flat battery and now it won't play n shows --- on display

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hi I need the radio code for my newly bought (from family) 2002 VX commodore. RACQ jump started my flat battery and now it won't play n shows --- on display
My code is in with the log books and when I removed the radio recently I wrote it on the top of the radio.
Do you have the books, ? if not off to holden dealer with proof of ownership and if you are really nice they may help, but they may also ask for a donation:rolleyes:.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
We can't find that for you. You need to go through the thread and try the suggestions already posted.

Crunchy Granola

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore,77 Charger,Cagiva Raptor 1000
Depends how many digits in the code and how many number keys on the panel. I had a vs and was working through the possible combinations for a week or so before I found the right code in my book hahahaha. There is no zero key and no 7,8,9...
There's really not that many. If you try morning and night you will crack it in a few months. No big deal.
I put the Calais type stereo in my VZ.The bloke that sold it to me gave me the wrong code , and I eventually got my money back. With nothing to lose I started at 1111 and about four weeks later in the 4000,s bingo! Cracked it !. Nice to know someone else done the same thing, cheers.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I put the Calais type stereo in my VZ.The bloke that sold it to me gave me the wrong code , and I eventually got my money back. With nothing to lose I started at 1111 and about four weeks later in the 4000,s bingo! Cracked it !. Nice to know someone else done the same thing, cheers.
4 weeks!!