Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rattle Sound Over Bumps in 2015 VF

Robbo1999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY14 Sports Sedan
Anyone have this problem when hitting bumps even small ones. Loudish Rattle sound coming from the front left side of the car?

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Been there, done that. One possible source of rattles and knocks is the door striker. The VF has a different design to previous models, with a nylon part omitted (to save money, no doubt). Try wrapping some electrical tape around the striker pin on the door frame.

Alternatively, check that the window is fully wound up. The slightest opening can cause a rattle over bumps.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Is it suspension?

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
rattle id say swaybar links or knocking i would say strut top mount

Robbo1999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY14 Sports Sedan
Been there, done that. One possible source of rattles and knocks is the door striker. The VF has a different design to previous models, with a nylon part omitted (to save money, no doubt). Try wrapping some electrical tape around the striker pin on the door frame.

Alternatively, check that the window is fully wound up. The slightest opening can cause a rattle over bumps.

Robbo1999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY14 Sports Sedan
cheers but don't think that's the problem as the rattle sound is coming more from the front left of the engine rather than around the window.

Robbo1999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY14 Sports Sedan
Yeah cheers i think it is the swaybar link just needs replacing. The car is due for a service is getting your swag bag links replaced expensive?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Shouldn't be too expensive. Looking at the VF Workshop manual, it seems to be a fairly straightforward and fast operation (unless I've missed something). Other members may give you better information from their personal experience.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
last time i had links replace was on my VT from memory, i dont think they were expensive.. but that was a while ago now