Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rb20det or sr20det into vs commodore

vr_commo1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR executive 3.8
does any one know where i can get a conversion kit to put a v8 in my vr

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
or in 7 sec s15 ya bad goose.
You dont know **** and your opinion means nothing as you have demonstrated with your posts.

You drive a v6 vp you are in no position to be bad mouthing any car let alone a 20vet

FusionX

Reaction score
does any one know where i can get a conversion kit to put a v8 in my vr

Best bet is to try a wrecker.

When I did one, I found a cheap unregistered V8 car, bought that, stripped it out and sold off the parts I didn't need. V8 conversion for less then $1000 (minus the engineering and licensing side of things)

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
The nissan SR series motor's would NOT make good boat anchors because they are too light and wouldn't get to the bottom of the ocean quick enough. LOL. Go Karts are regulated to approx. 100cc max capacity, a little more if a rotex is fitted(maybe 150cc).
SR series motors have little torque, they would make towing a tinnie to the local jetty a task not for the faint of heart. A V8 (1uzFE or 2uzFE for easier compliance as my personal preference) from the Japanese barn would be the pick. The 6cyl's from Japan in my opinion also do Not have the required torque output DOWN LOW that would satisfy city driving. Aww maybe a 2J if you must. What about a factory Ecotec SCV6 ? has torque, good aftermarket support, straight bolt in, only downside really is the fact that dyno horsepower figures are lower than 99% of the jap imports. 4 cylinders included.