Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Left wheel bearing gone

darekg

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv vy clubsport s2
Does anyone know of around about how much it will cost to replace the rear left wheel bearing in a vy series 2 clubby? My mate said it takes 2 people about 6 to 7 hours to replace one! Is this accurate and whats the approx damage in $$$

vyss300kwute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss series2 ute
mate im positive i have the same problem, when i go round a left hand corner under mild acceleration it makes a horrible noise is yours the same and how are you certain thats what it is?
id also like to know the answer to your question..

darekg

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv vy clubsport s2
Mine isnt too bad but I know it's the wheel bearing because I "accidently" hit a kerb sideways with both wheels. Got the front bearing replaced and it fixed most of the sound but when I go over 120. Which I never do. There is a vibration coming from the back. at low speeds it is very hard to spot it but I drive on highways to work and back and it annoys the cr*p out of me. Probably won't get it done till after chrissy but I'll let ya know what I get quoted.

With yours there are a couple of threads on this site with similiar sounds so you can investigate them but I pretty much caused mine so I know what went wrong.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
hmm depends, if i have a hoist ill knock the bearing out with a sledgehammer but if i was doing it on the ground id just drop the lower control arm off and replace the bearing outside of the car,

the hardest part is getting the bearing out and in, but other than that, its not hard but there is a fair bit of stuff to remove to get to it...

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
its a teadious job, front is easier than rear imo.

i think one of mine is making a slight noise when going slow in the car park..., cbf fixing it

darekg

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv vy clubsport s2
Well got it done finally. only cost me 380$ installed. My first quote was 800$ !!!! I dont think he wanted to do it though.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Well got it done finally. only cost me 380$ installed. My first quote was 800$ !!!! I dont think he wanted to do it though.

usually thats how it goes down when they quote you lol, they are spewing but laughing if you say yes to the job but