Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear tires are not straight even after the alignment

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Ok found mine, so I lowered my car just over 18 months ago, drove it for a good 8-9 months before gettings an alignment. All stock bushes etc. my best rear camber is -1.3 degrees and I've never had tyre wear issues. Car traveled some where around 25,000-30,000kms in this 18 months. Tyres are Achiles ATRs wear 380, traction AA, temperature A

They are a harder compound tyre but provide plenty of grip compared to the factory Potenza's.

A55162E8-0AB1-459C-B86B-271B2C28C6A7-331-000000D93040DCB4_zps8e2468d9.jpg

I don't trust that report....Any numbers could have been put there to make it look good....computer print outs are better...less chance of dodging up

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I don't trust that report....Any numbers could have been put there to make it look good....computer print outs are better...less chance of dodging up

The guy done it while I watched/talked to him (hence my request for -2 front camber. My point was my cars best is -1.3 degrees and I don't have the issue the OP does. So I don't believe cambers the issue and would look at other things........

Read his other thread he linked in the first post

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
I had endless trouble with my rear passenger side tyre scrubbing out and the car tracking.
Turned out to be a rear wheel bearing. New bearing another alignment. Fixed.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The guy done it while I watched/talked to him (hence my request for -2 front camber. My point was my cars best is -1.3 degrees and I don't have the issue the OP does. So I don't believe cambers the issue and would look at other things........

Read his other thread he linked in the first post

I have hence me asking whether they whole tyre is scrubbed or just an edge....makes life a little easier diagnoising the problem, rather than just saying, it's a camber or toe problem.

Hussien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE v8 L98 6.0L
I missed asking a simple question....Is it the whole tyre face that's scrubbed, or just an edge?

The whole tire. If I show you a photo for my old tires, you would definitely say I'm doing burnout.

Hussien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE v8 L98 6.0L
I had endless trouble with my rear passenger side tyre scrubbing out and the car tracking.
Turned out to be a rear wheel bearing. New bearing another alignment. Fixed.

The steering wheel is vibrating between speed 90 to 115 km/h. The vibration is completely gone when my speed is 120.

I will go to a mechanic to check the bearing.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Having the whole tyre scrubbed leans towards the bushes being knackered....nothing to do with camber/toe problems....

Best way to check them is, get a screw driver inbetween the outer of the bush and bracket and see if it moves side to side or up and down....if it does, replacement time

Hussien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE v8 L98 6.0L
Having the whole tyre scrubbed leans towards the bushes being knackered....nothing to do with camber/toe problems....

Best way to check them is, get a screw driver inbetween the outer of the bush and bracket and see if it moves side to side or up and down....if it does, replacement time

I will check them tonight.

Also I noticed something strange. Today before driving to work, I checked the tires. They become straight. :hmmm:

I checked them again when I arrived home. They are not straight. :hmmm:

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2

Also I noticed something strange. Today before driving to work, I checked the tires. They become straight. :hmmm:

How many km's has the car done and have you done anything to the suspension?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Bushes.....or the adjuster bolts are loose