Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

** Rebuilding a Stroked/Turbo VT Ecotec **

NOT 38

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
Tommay; where can I get them brackets and o rings from??

Not 38;
What fitting is that and how does it go in? With no thread??

they are speedflow -8 male weld on fittings. you will need a fabrictator/welder to tig weld them on for you. fittings only cost me 7$ each.

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
thius is great! ill order one tomorrow.....and for the other side of the rail what do i do????

NOT 38

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
just out of curiotsity has any one run half inch lines around the front of an ecotec manifold. on my buick i had to relocate the alternator due to a lack of clearance

Attachments

• 16052011179.jpg
    16052011179.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 286
  • 07052011172.jpg
    07052011172.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 265

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
just out of curiotsity has any one run half inch lines around the front of an ecotec manifold. on my buick i had to relocate the alternator due to a lack of clearance

did u see if the 90degree fittings would have fit how much clearence where u missing

NOT 38

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
did u see if the 90degree fittings would have fit how much clearence where u missing

yeah still wouldnt of worked. alternator was hitting the actual weld on, and if i used 90 deg's i wouldnt of been able to get the fuel line around the front of the manifold because one fuel rail sits further back than the other.

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
got some new goodies today....

Yella Terra Ultra Lite 1.7.1 Ratio Roller Rockers

WP_000019.jpg

TCE Custom 3500 RPM High Stall Converter

WP_000017.jpg

TTTPerformance Engine Mounts

WP_000018.jpg

Engine is almost complete! On monday i will be ordering the ASR Oil Pan and the Aluminium Pulleys and im done for the engine :):) then the turbos *sigh*

Went to Full Flight Engineering in Epping today and spoke to Jamie, and im going to put the car in he's capable hands as far as the turbo set up goes, he was talking about making a second throttle body on the plenum for each turbo, putting one further down the plenum on one side and one further forward on the other so an even ammount of airflow is achieved. Also making custom piping so that everything looks neat and tidy, and maximum power can be reached.

Ill keep everyone informed and posted with pics :)

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
would having one TB front left and one TB rear right cause a spiral effect inside the plenum? id be concerned that causing that sort of twist could cause turbulence over the runners?

i dont know that for a fact so if i can be learned otherwise that would be great.

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
apparently no not if I position them offset. If they are opposite to each other then the air will collide

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Damn that looks nice. Bet it'll fly