Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rechroming door belt moulding

griezy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL-X Wagon
well it looks like @griezy was right, Its light Stainless Steel all the way thru them just like the earlier eh hr ect Holden trims.
Peew you guys was starting to make me second guess myself even after I spend about a week polishing my trims, not rusty after 3 1/2 years since heavily polishing, to tell you the truth I was never into commodores until the past few years so not my speciality, but I have had 36 cars over the years, all bar 5 made before 1980, HQ to HZ would be my specialty, (having 5 over the past 25 years) knowing most of the thing like the back of my hand on these models, all shiny bits apart from bumper bars and handles and hubcaps were stainless steel

Last edited:

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Peew you guys was starting to make me second guess myself even after I spend about a week polishing my trims, not rusty after 3 1/2 years since heavily polishing, to tell you the truth I was never into commodores until the past few years so not my speciality, but I have had 36 cars over the years, all bar 5 made before 1980, HQ to HZ would be my specialty, (having 5 over the past 25 years) knowing most of the thing like the back of my hand on these models, all shiny bits apart from bumper bars and handles and hubcaps were stainless steel
I have been in contact with Smitty on another forum. You are quite correct. I would have lost money on that. Does that mean that they are just polished or are they chromed?