Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redline front tyre choices

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
just changed the tyres on the daily put on my VF2 bridgestone re50's, really surprised got 41K out of my RE003s(they were really bald thought).

Just to note went around roundabout that I like to have a bit of fun with and the re50's were not as good as the 003's understeered a bit.

As cuda has said the RE003's seem to lose straight line gripeven my daily could spin the up when getting low but still great for the corners.

I'll keep an eye out for specials on the RE003 for the next set
Can we legally use the 003's given they're W rated and the placard says Y rated? I much prefer them over the 050's.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Bridgestone have the current buy three and get the fourth for free on their tyres. I looked up Jay for the 245/35 x20 in RE050As on my VF and they have come down heaps. List price $319 each, so buying three were well under $1000 to get 4. So I bought 2 sets and have them in the roof. I do high milage, so the last will be fitted in a little over 12 months.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Briefly tried the Continental Sportcontact 6 on the new 19" TSW wheels for a few days. (Had to return them as the front passenger side's wheel was touching the brake callipers when cornering at speed and waiting for a different set to come from New Zealand). The Continental 6 were really good but rather expensive at $359@ for the front and $489@ for the rear. Better have the good tyres when one's life is depending on them and Conti 6 is one of the best available on the market.

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Tyres are pretty subjective.
I’ve used Michelin Pilot super sports on a few cars now and they grip really well even when worn and I got over 40000km with them on the rear of my ve.

Unfortunaly they are phasing them out so I’ve just replaced the rears with the pilot sport 4. A little cheaper and early signs are they ar every bit as grippy.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I had a set of Falken 453 on the rears and they didn't last 10k... not a happy camper about that. The RE050 are a great tyre choice that I've gone back to time an time again.
I think I'm going to give Kinforest a go next time around. I've heard some good reviews and they're a cheap tyre still which might not last long if they're as good value as I've been led to believe.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I’ve been running 255/35/20 and 275/35/20 on the rear. This is normal HSV spec.
Because of the offset the rears scrape on bumps when someone is sitting in the back or if I go over a big bump/dip Anyway i was thinking of going 275/30/20 on the rear to get a little more room near the guard. What are people’s thoughts on this? Looks, ride etc