Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redline rear tyre choices

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Ha.Ha.. Must be getting old, I am thinking to down size the HF 20" to 19" in Silver colour to get a better ride comfort.

SSVRDL

Aussie Icon
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV S2 Redline
Ha.Ha.. Must be getting old, I am thinking to down size the HF 20" to 19" in Silver colour to get a better ride comfort.
funny you say that, I have being thinking the same thing "Ride Comfort", did you find that size rim a harsh ride? the roads in QLD are up to ****!

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
funny you say that, I have being thinking the same thing "Ride Comfort", did you find that size rim a harsh ride? the roads in QLD are up to ****!

Can't say the ride of 20" has been harsh but not quite "compactible" with the speed bumps in my neighbourhood. Bloody local council installed 3 sets of them in my street this year.:( My previous VF1 SSV ute's 19"s has better ride comfort but then it has FE2 suspensions, don't know if it makes any difference though. I know the Redline sedan has "softer/better" rear suspension than the ute, perhaps it is just an excuse for me to get a set of different colour rims...

SSVRDL

Aussie Icon
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV S2 Redline
Can't say the ride of 20" has been harsh but not quite "compactible" with the speed bumps in my neighbourhood. Bloody local council installed 3 sets of them in my street this year.:( My previous VF1 SSV ute's 19"s has better ride comfort but then it has FE2 suspensions, don't know if it makes any difference though. I know the Redline sedan has "softer/better" rear suspension than the ute, perhaps it is just an excuse for me to get a set of different colour rims...
Bloody council lol, it sounds like a good excuse to me, I might have to use it one day.
I am hoping the FE3 Suspension will help smooth things out a little, but it is a small price to pay for better looking rims.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
OK, thread cleaned.

I think enough has been said about nitrogen. If the children wish to continue to converse on the subject keep it to private messages because if I see any more off it on the open forum the participants will be taking a holiday.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Saw this beast today
received_1226425324170488.jpeg
received_1226423967503957.jpeg
received_1226424320837255.jpeg