Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing Magazine Holders in VT/VX

SIXAPPEAL

Purple Monkey Dishwasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD Kitted VX on 20's
Hi.. The magazine holders in my car have lost their elastic.. I've gone and bought new ones. Can anyone please help me with removing the old magazine holders?

Thanx in advance. Michelle

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
what you need to do is pull the whole seat backing off theres two clips that hold it in they will break when you pull it off but you should have replacement ones in with the new map pocket basiclly grab onto the rear seat panel at the bottom and pull hard and up youll hear a crack which is normal thats just the one way clip snapping off and then it should just come compleatly off and the map pocket itself is just screwed on and has two one way metal clips to hold it firmly into place

ooooh and not to mention if your pulling the drivers side one off you need to take the lumbar support knob off which is held on the same way with the same clip you will find in your window winder

dunno vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s1
hey 6 appeal how much did the pockets cost iv got one that is stuffed 2
cheers

SIXAPPEAL

Purple Monkey Dishwasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD Kitted VX on 20's
I paid $37 each. I've heard a few different prices, but I wouldn't expect to pay over $40

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
You can save the clips (instead of sacrificing them) that evil monkey mentioned if you slip a fine screw driver into them in the correct place and angle and release the tab...BUT its very awkward to get yourself under there to see where you're aiming...SO most people just let them snap and replace them. And yes the lumbar knob has a big circlip holding it on ;)

Reminds me I also have a broken pocket that I've been meaning to change.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i think every commodore owner from vt onwards has at least one pocket broken and the good old 'i have been meaning to get it fixed.'

first night i got mine a couple of my mates in the back seat put a few 600ml bottles of coke in there and busted the top clip. that was 3 years ago.lol

maybe one day i will get it done.

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
Does the new pocket set also come with the plastic retaining straps that sit in the inside of the vinyl?

i think one of mine has broken..

G

gruzza

yes every thing you need is in the new pack. Don't worry about the clips breaking there is a new st with each pack. It took me no more than 15 mins to do, the seat knob was probably the only hassle.

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
yeah circlips....

how do you find best to remove em?

is there an effective tool to remove it?

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
A flat blade screwdriver CAREFULLY inserted down the side of the knob to find the edge of the circlip is one way and push the circlip off. You may need to reinsert the screwdriver from both sides to get the circlip to evenly move off. To reattach the knob...pre load the circlip back onto the knob then line the knob up with the shaft and press the whole assembly back on firmly until the circlip pops back into its groove.

And HERE is another thread about the same problem ;)

Attachments

• DSCN0475 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0475 (Small).JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 612
Last edited: