Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing TCM module

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Howdy All,

I'm trying to remove my TCM (and ECM but I haven't tried that yet) to send off to MACE and I'm struggling to get it out.

I've removed the trim on the right handside underneath the steering column, which is where I've been told it is, but can't seem to remove the wires that are connected to it. Has anyone gotten the TCM out and if so, any tricks to it?

Cheers!

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
I don't know if this helps anyone, but it's where I'm looking:
IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I think your referring to the Transmission Control Module (TCM)? This is located within the transmission on VE. The ECM is located in the engine bay on the drivers side towards the radiator.

Nfsve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
2006 4 speed autos still have an external Module. All 5 and 6 speeds have the module inside the transmission.
I think you have the wrong plugs mate. The Trans module looks like you would expect ( a bit smaller than the ecu) with one wiring connector. I thought it was on the passenger side.

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
2006 4 speed autos still have an external Module. All 5 and 6 speeds have the module inside the transmission.
I think you have the wrong plugs mate. The Trans module looks like you would expect ( a bit smaller than the ecu) with one wiring connector. I thought it was on the passenger side.

I think you're right! The guide I had said right hand side but it's for the Pontiac G8. I'm now looking on the passenger door side and I can't see it either! :/

IMG_0079.jpg

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Disregard - Just read the specs on your car you posted. The high output alloytech had a 5 speed auto and 6 speed manual gearbox.

***Does your 2006 VE Berlina have the high output Alloytech V6?

prktkljokr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega, W204 Mercedes C180 coupe
I just wrecked a 07 Omega and the module you are looking for is against the rh pillar, hidden real well, its hard to unclip from where it is, but is possible