Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replaces snapped belt and now wont start

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The balancer differences Ive seen are with the interruptor blades.The gaps between the two interruptor rings are completely different sizes and the car wont start because of this .

patskies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 (vz monaro themed)
just bought a new CAS for $90 from repco. will fit it tomorrow and let you all know how i go.

patskies

Reaction score
Members Ride
well the reason for the belt coming off in the first place is the fella i bought the car off didnt bolt the pulley up to the waterpump properly.

the CAS was rooted as well as the oil pressure switch.

ended up replacing:

CAS
crank oil seal
oil pressure switch
waterpump, thermostat and reverse flush cooling system
oil filter and oil change

the harmonic balancer is on its way out too so im going to change that and the tensioner pulley tomorrow

as for removing the harmonic balancer. rattle gun removed the bolt easily and a universal puller did the job with no problems at all.

patskies

Reaction score
Members Ride
annoying though.. i wouldnt of had to spend any money on it if the waterpump pulley was put on properly

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
The balancer differences Ive seen are with the interruptor blades.The gaps between the two interruptor rings are completely different sizes and the car wont start because of this .

Could be the case with the early VNs, but vp-vr buick and ecotec fins are the same. They are balanced differently, but they will still start and run fine with the wrong balancer and fins on them