Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Report a car sales yard

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Pretty sure it’s not the car yard’s responsibility to chase up recalls on every car they sell.

Owners are supposed to register their ownership with the manufacturer on their website or call their local service centre when they take possession of the vehicle to see if there are any recalls outstanding.

Ryan83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 SERIES 1
Pretty sure it’s not the car yard’s responsibility to chase up recalls on every car they sell.

Owners are supposed to register their ownership with the manufacturer on their website or call their local service centre when they take possession of the vehicle to see if there are any recalls outstanding.

Fair enough, that's not what Holden told me.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My niece bought a VF last year that hadn't had the recall done on the rack with her car....When she took the car for a service, the mechanic noticed the recall hadn't been done, so advised her of it....

It has since been done of course....

As for your predicament.....If Holden are alledging the car yard is at fault, chase with them how you go about it....Bet they back pedal when the time comes....;) Let us know what the outcome is there

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
I like what Mazda and Hyundai do. Irremovable sticker in the door jam with the recall numbers completed.