Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

reported sticker

somerandom

Reaction score
typical loony, nothing worse then a neighbor wanting your car off YOUR property(assuming its actually on your property) maybe they should stop brown nosing and keep to them selves, what happened to the days of what you do on your property is your business, none else!!!!

also if a kid came on my properly and got hurt, that's his and his owners problem, maybe they should put him on a shorter leash.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I probably wouldn't want car wrecks like those in my court either. In many councils there is a by-law regarding car wrecks and other unsightly junk even on private property. You would need to check your local council/shire to be sure.

Reaper

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
typical loony, nothing worse then a neighbor wanting your car off YOUR property(assuming its actually on your property) maybe they should stop brown nosing and keep to them selves, what happened to the days of what you do on your property is your business, none else!!!!

also if a kid came on my properly and got hurt, that's his and his owners problem, maybe they should put him on a shorter leash.

there is always the argument that kids shouldn't be packed in cotton wool and that kids these days are soft - the reason they are soft is because no one lets 'kids be kids' these days. Kids will wander and play on something like that. Parents can't watch them every second, and kids have lapses in judgment.

If you figure that it would be the kids fault then why do you have liability insurance on your dwelling?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Haha, at least you can laugh it off mate :p

When my VP was wrecked, I had it ON THE STREET with no diff, struts, transmission... I stripped it on the road because the property didn't have a front garden or an appropriate driveway. The neighbours were very understanding, and when I had the car towed, I washed and swept the road and kerb 'till it shone.

I just wrote a note on the back of the car, and never had a complaint. I guess people are more laid back in Queensland :)

The car was on the road looking like this for a week:

tow1.jpg

With this written on the back:

tow2.jpg

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
LOLing at this thread hard being someone who regulary flips cars over on my front lawn and strips them......got rid of a XC falcon sedan on tuesday,stripped it on the road outside home,then hooked a tow strop onto it,and flipped it over on my front lawn with the van......still got the diff and complete V8 front sitting behind the datto,that im also wrecking on my front lawn.....its your property,so technically,do what you want.....as for the sticker,yea,when they are on the road thats the risk you take,but I really cant understand the whole "dobbing" mentality of a lot of people here.....wouldnt it be easier first to have a quiet chat first about it?Never had any problems with people in the street reporting me,but once a neighbour came over when i was wrecking a HQ and told me his house was being valuated in a few days,so I got rid of the shell,cleaned up etc.......If he had of not said anything and rang the council straight away i wouldnt have done it though....And before any assumptions,yes I do own my own home,been here 8 years.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
fire out the front... wrecked cars out the front.... forming a pretty good picture of your surroundings mate. You don't own the house do you....?

do you want me to take offence? we have a lot of leaf litter here we only have one curb on one side of the road, im located in a semi rural district/ suburb . we are aloud to burn off its all within the rules. a car body once in the blue moon the last time was a year ago. we have owned the house since the street was made in early 1980 . house and property was valued recently at 750 to 800 k and its half an acre with full on gardens retaining walls, fruit trees galour waterfall . i could go on and on .

up the road a guy parks his truck taking up half the road and pretty much the whole street is friendly with each other except for the bitch

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
once a neighbour came over when i was wrecking a HQ and told me his house was being valuated in a few days,so I got rid of the shell,cleaned up etc.......If he had of not said anything and rang the council straight away i wouldnt have done it though....

That's exactly it - I don't understand the mentality of people who can't just approach people and TALK. Is conversation a lost art?

I think that's mainly what the OP is having a whinge about. Not the fact that the neighbour didn't like his car there, but the fact that she didn't ask him about it - she just reported it.

We're all human beings, we should treat eachother likewise.

Attitudes like that rarely get good reactions :)

When I was performing my manual conversion on the Statesman last year, I was doing night work in my driveway every night for a week. I knocked on the neighbour's door after the first night of work, and asked if I was being too loud etc, and they were shocked that anyone would care enough to ask. They said that they could hear it, but it wasn't annoying, and since I was nice enough to ask - they would turn a blind eye to it for a couple of weeks.

It's amazing how nice people can be when you just talk :)

[/rant]

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
oh and if u remember the bush fires over east, since we are in the hills we take ever precaution to prevent that

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
wat a absolute bitch, must have the counsil number on speeddial..

just get some junk, like bits off the car u cant sell or want and put it in her front garden and then ring and do the same thing she has been doin, and for some payback coz she is being such a whore, smash her letter box while ur at it:)