Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
You need to wipe the exhaust dust of the camera regularly so it's not blurry. I have to do it about once a week.

J

Jingle Bells

No need to be so impatient, it isnt easy to rip the rear bar off and change a camera.... I'll let you know as soon as I get it hooked on.

I do not expect you to rip the bar off etc.....it is not for the VF it is for the VE Ute...only want to know if you have a reversing kit that will give 170 degree viewing from the rear like the VF from the place you work at....the only one's I have come across are the 40's and 80's viewing angle that Repco have and as usual the staff do not know anything and do not care...DO NOT RIPP THE BAR OFF...it is only a courtesy query....from what you have at your work place.

davidw_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V MY14
I've just read in the latest Wheels magazine that the MY2015 VF will have reversing camera guidelines. Does anyone know if this will be made available to earlier model VFs through a software or firmware update? I know earlier in this thread ndwalters said it was part of the camera itself, I read in other systems it's a software feature (lots of Mercedes Benz owners were surprised their upmarket models didn't have guidelines, reason was they weren't activated by Mercedes Australia).

ndwalters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Yes, reversing camera guidelines are usually an overlay built in to the cameras themselves, but as you pointed out it is possible that head unit do this via software upgrade.

I would imagine that the MY15 will have a different channel of firmware so its unlikely it would make it was on to ours.

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
I was surprised my VF didnt have the guidelines too, especially as you see it on adds on Tv.

cheers