Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

Neptunesblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
This is so bloody frustrating. I rang my dealership explaining about the Alan Mance dealer and how it can be done blah blah. They still said its not in the system and they hadn't heard about it. So I rang Alan Mance asking about it thanks to Brettv. They said its not specifically for the lines but its a full mylink update to address some other bugs and getting the reverse grid-lines is one of the bonuses. I asked everything I could explaining my dealer had no clue.
Rang my dealer back and said what Alan Mance dealer told me. The update had been out for only about 5 days he believed. It was version 3.0 and it addressed a bug.
The guy refused to believe it and I asked if he could call the other dealer and he said no. Unbelievable

And this is for MY14 SSV Redline

jon_brevad

Reaction score
Mate, after all that it sounds like they need a lesson in Customer Service. I'm sure the General Manager would be most displeased to hear about all this fuss over a simple software update... so there's your answer. Escalate up to management if you want to cause this guy some pain.

In any case, you will eventually receive this update at your next service and just mention that you want the Mylink update to the latest version as its causing issue with phone connectivity and song skipping with the USB etc. Not worth stressing about. I also have a MY14 Redline sedan, but I'm happy to wait until the next service before getting the update applied.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
What is Holden's policy re: software upgrades? I know with other manufacturers getting the latest software throughout the vehicle is part of the service and one of the reasons you're encouraged to come back to the dealer for servicing. Yet thus far, it doesn't seem that this is the case with Holden. You have to complain to get software updates it seems. Earlier in the year my car had its first service, at the time there was a BCM update in their system which changed a few things including the boot release (hold down button instead of tap it). I picked the car up and they hadn't loaded it. I asked them about it, so they did it and acted like they were doing me a favour by not charging for it.

If Holden has added something as useful as reverse guidelines, there should be a bulletin to load them in every VF, not just the ones that complain about MyLink issues. Holden need to get their act together.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Holden are hopeless when it comes to software upgrades. They have still not upgraded VE Satnav maps after 3 years and don't seem to have any idea when they will be available. When they are they will charge an arm and a leg for them. Why does the early VF have no lines on the camera when the VE did.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The reason why dealers don't readily offer these updates is because they usually cost the dealer money. With warranty claims Holden will pay the dealer for like 15 or 20 minutes for a job that takes 40 minutes plus.

They also won't pay for warranty unless the explanation of the complaint is within guidelines, this is why they're saying that phone issues were causing problems, otherwise the updates can't be applied under warranty. The warranty auditor will check all the claims and if it looks like there has been a lot of claims for the same thing on a lot of cars, they can void the claim and not pay the dealer.....

oid_mate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I've just had this put on my DEC 13 build car, I asked for Mylink 3.0 as posted by Neptunesblood. They had no idea it would add the guide lines but seemed happy with the result as a lot of there VF customers have been asking about it.

coleas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I should do the same.

I need to get the passenger seat clip fixed in my calais V so will ask for the mylink 3.0 update as well.

Brettv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Hi everyone,
Here's my update from today.
My VF was built Sep 13, and apparently there are two versions of the new radio software. 1 which has just been released and 1 which will be released at some stage in January. Unfortunately my car misses out due to the radio model (i dont know how they tell).

So, no reverse lines for me.

I havent driven it or played with it enough to notice any other improvements etc.

The dealer did have a nice printout of the software and the fixes, as well as photos of the reversing lines on the same paper. So it definitely exists. Would be good to get a hold of that bulletin.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
The reason why dealers don't readily offer these updates is because they usually cost the dealer money. With warranty claims Holden will pay the dealer for like 15 or 20 minutes for a job that takes 40 minutes plus.

They also won't pay for warranty unless the explanation of the complaint is within guidelines, this is why they're saying that phone issues were causing problems, otherwise the updates can't be applied under warranty. The warranty auditor will check all the claims and if it looks like there has been a lot of claims for the same thing on a lot of cars, they can void the claim and not pay the dealer.....

Basically this. If the customer concern doesn't match the bulletin the software can't be updated. They're very strict on auditing software updates. The bulletin states software updating is applicable for the exact list of concerns only and that anything else should be followed up as regular diagnosis (and henceforth if programming is required it MUST be approved by Technical Assist prior to carrying out the update).

If all else fails, take it in and complain about your iPhone being deleted from the bluetooth list.

Note the update hasn't been released for early navigation units and won't be coming out until early '15.