Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

JimB47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV V6
I have just spent 4 hours at the dealers this morning. Car was in for a missing bracket on the rear bumper bar, which was loose. Asked if they could also update the camera software so as to give me the guide lines( Calais V built Nov.13) Agreed to do that for me . Fixed the bumper and then did the software upgrade which takes ages to download, only to be told at the end that I had the wrong head unit and that the software for mine should be available in January. Apparently according to the service adviser they don't know if it will work until the software is fully downloaded. Then you are told to go to step 2 and when you do that the message is "incompatible head unit".
Hence still no guide lines. They have agreed to do it for me when the correct software arrives
Jim

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
has anyone got pictures of them??

pabxman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm

Attachments

• Cam Lines.jpg
    Cam Lines.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 709

Neptunesblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hi, so I had my car booked into my local Holden dealer to fix a "Bluetooth issue" with My Link yesterday. I explained various errors, dropouts etc. They called and said they were going to update to the latest version. I had my fingers crossed that it would mean the reverse lines would be there. Picked up the car and put it straight into reverse and there they were. I got my reverse camera guide lines finally. But they are different from the above picture.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
pop a pick up

pabxman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
Hi, so I had my car booked into my local Holden dealer to fix a "Bluetooth issue" with My Link yesterday. I explained various errors, dropouts etc. They called and said they were going to update to the latest version. I had my fingers crossed that it would mean the reverse lines would be there. Picked up the car and put it straight into reverse and there they were. I got my reverse camera guide lines finally. But they are different from the above picture.

The picture I posted was a capture from a Holden TV ad. I have not seen the lines myself, as my car does not have them yet, hopefully I will get the software update at my next service.

Hey Neptunesblood, is there any chance you could post your version numbers?

Neptunesblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hi, here are the latest version numbers as of yesterday and the new lines now available. Hope this helps. Excuse the pics, its really sunny out.

Camera.jpgCamera1.jpgCamera2.jpgCamera3.jpg

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Will this update do anything else besides the lines? And does it cost anything?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Does the update fix any of the USB playback issues??

Neptunesblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
While it did give me the lines. What it didn't fix was the problem of USB music starting at random starts after stopping the engine. It plays where it left off after 2 to 3 engine stops ago and it is the most annoying problem ever.