Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

Snicko1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Wagon
the key to getting the reversing lines it to complain about your iPhone locking up and dropping out

Yeah i tried that, they upgraded teh software to fix it but i got no reverse camera lines

JimB47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV V6
I had my CalaisV V6 in again today for the full day. The rear Bumper bar that was loose and had a clip replaced in December came loose again. This time they have replaced the whole bracket and assured me that the problem is now fixed. Whilst the car was there they also did the upgrade for the reversing lines and the upgrade to fix the car starting on a different song to the one that was on when the car was turned off. Was happy with the service I received from Holden and everything I asked for was done without any hassles. Am still really pleased with the car and the fuel consumption, now done 11000 kms. Find it a really nice vehicle to drive on long trips and although it does not have the grunt of the V8,I am happy with its performance. Thanks to Surfers City Holden for their good service

Snicko1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Wagon
I had my CalaisV V6 in again today for the full day. The rear Bumper bar that was loose and had a clip replaced in December came loose again. This time they have replaced the whole bracket and assured me that the problem is now fixed. Whilst the car was there they also did the upgrade for the reversing lines and the upgrade to fix the car starting on a different song to the one that was on when the car was turned off. Was happy with the service I received from Holden and everything I asked for was done without any hassles. Am still really pleased with the car and the fuel consumption, now done 11000 kms. Find it a really nice vehicle to drive on long trips and although it does not have the grunt of the V8,I am happy with its performance. Thanks to Surfers City Holden for their good service

Can i ask what build date your VF Calais is?

JimB47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV V6
Yes 09/13 build Date. Purchased 02/01/14. I just asked them as I had done previously in December 14, (when they tried but did not have the software for my version and told me it would be available in January 15), if they could update the reversing camera software to include the guide lines and also to fix if possible the not remembering which song it was playing when I turned the car off and restarted it. Have not yet checked if that small error is fixed, but definitely have the guide lines
Jim

Danthuyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
FYI - Just got off the phone with the sparky at my local dealer and if your software ends in 15.03 for the first module listed in your mylink software than you are the lucky ones that can get the update now for your VF which fixes the connectivity issue with apple iphones, it also fixes some sat nav issues and also gives the reversing guidelines.

The reason you HAVE to mention Apple i-phone connectivity is this :
If your iPhone is connected via blue tooth to the Mylink system and the car is operational and working once your iPhone receives a text message the Mylink system interprets this SMS incorrectly to its internal software (QNX Linux) and it flags the phone as a threat or vulnerability and it stops the phone from communicating to it for saftey reasons (it thinks its a virus/hack) and then removes it from the paired devices list.

N.B For those who first software module in the list that does not end with 15.03 then unfortunately you will have to wait till after FEB/MARCH for the upgrade/recall notice to be officially announced.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
FYI - Just got off the phone with the sparky at my local dealer and if your software ends in 15.03 for the first module listed in your mylink software than you are the lucky ones that can get the update now for your VF which fixes the connectivity issue with apple iphones, it also fixes some sat nav issues and also gives the reversing guidelines.

Mine does. Excellent.
Thanks for posting.

Snicko1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Wagon

The reason you HAVE to mention Apple i-phone connectivity is this :
If your iPhone is connected via blue tooth to the Mylink system and the car is operational and working once your iPhone receives a text message the Mylink system interprets this SMS incorrectly to its internal software (QNX Linux) and it flags the phone as a threat or vulnerability and it stops the phone from communicating to it for saftey reasons (it thinks its a virus/hack) and then removes it from the paired devices list.

N.B For those who first software module in the list that does not end with 15.03 then unfortunately you will have to wait till after FEB/MARCH for the upgrade/recall notice to be officially announced.

Great post!
Glad they will be looking after those with pre september 13 builds with guide lines!

Neptunesblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I too have had the My Link upgrade that gave me the reversing guide lines. The only problem is, I still get random starting positions from USB music. Is this a separate upgrade or something different?

daskarzine

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Cavais V
Hi Brettv - is there a way to upload these yourself and if so how's it done?