Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rights at work protest today

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
it was pointless waste of time, they had a bad enough tournout today do you think anyone would go to a protest on the weekend when there not working - i dont think so. its all scare tactics remember back to the gst days, do ya hear anyone complaining about it now? no because it was a good idea and it works eg items like shoes used to have something like 40% tax on them.
face it do you think that john howard would want to lose votes by bringing in changes that would disadvantage his chances of being relected, no

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i agree from a school teachers perspective, it could get to the point where we deal with kids from 8-5. now most will laugh at that because it is their normal hours.
I usually dont leave til 5 anyway (planning, reports etc)... so if there are kids there til then im looking at being there til 7.
Thats our risk in a nutshell.

however, like minux asked, i cant afford the day off (set to lose $200odd) and i cant afford the $600 year union fee (even though it opens my up to the risk of being sued by any dumb**** parent for whatever shits them off).

So no, i beleive there is a better way, i dont agree in the IR rulings in their entirety, and i was one of 4 classes still at school today (and the kids hate me for it lol)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i agree from a school teachers perspective, it could get to the point where we deal with kids from 8-5. now most will laugh at that because it is their normal hours.
I usually dont leave til 5 anyway (planning, reports etc)... so if there are kids there til then im looking at being there til 7.
Thats our risk in a nutshell.

however, like minux asked, i cant afford the day off (set to lose $200odd) and i cant afford the $600 year union fee (even though it opens my up to the risk of being sued by any dumb**** parent for whatever shits them off).

So no, i beleive there is a better way, i dont agree in the IR rulings in their entirety, and i was one of 4 classes still at school today (and the kids hate me for it lol)

I couldn't disagree with anything you said, like you, i think the IR laws need tweaking, but ont he same note i think it is the best thing that has happened to Australia. unions have had a negative effect on Australia and although only slight it is enough. Unions pushed up wages, so people push up prices because people have mor emoney, slowly everything goes up and people want more money again...circle of life.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
I think the protests would be more credible if they did them on their own time and not their employers.

umm while i wont get into the debate about if we should or shouldnt protest... i do wonder if you actually know what one is???
do you realise what you are saying? a protest on a non-working day.... that would be a gathering, a bitch session, a cuppa.... whatever. a PROTEST is when (in this case) pressure is put on the employers, then the govt, to make changes to something workers find a little threatening.

a WORKERS protest out of hours. lol thatll change the world!!!!

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Yes because the IR laws ONLY! apply to "more money"

Good work in putting down the group of australians who want to stand up for their rights! yay! opression!

lets all follow the "shut the f##k up and work hard" rule, sink back into conformaity and never stand up and fight...... ummmmmm wtf?

.... the reason that aot of people didn't go is beacuse thir employers were goning to fire them under the new IR laws.

I applaud them for trying.

aZk.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
umm while i wont get into the debate about if we should or shouldnt protest... i do wonder if you actually know what one is???
do you realise what you are saying? a protest on a non-working day.... that would be a gathering, a bitch session, a cuppa.... whatever. a PROTEST is when (in this case) pressure is put on the employers, then the govt, to make changes to something workers find a little threatening.

thats how it should be though, if i owned my own business(which i am currently looking into) i'd sack anyone that took time off to protest.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
thats how it should be though, if i owned my own business(which i am currently looking into) i'd sack anyone that took time off to protest.

yeha hense my above point....

aZk.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

my point is that everyone wants to go and protest during working hours, if they organized one on the weekend when there not working good luck trying to find people wanting to rally, forget about putting pressure on employers this is just union/labour party scare tactics at it best

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
my point is that everyone wants to go and protest during working hours, if they organized one on the weekend when there not working good luck trying to find people wanting to rally, forget about putting pressure on employers this is just union/labour party scare tactics at it best

What so your saying that people only rally cos they want a day off?

The idea of people leaving on working hours is to demostrate the point that without workers australia stops... hence the whole rights thing.

aZk.