Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rockers upgrade

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux Ute - Vs Ecotech Engine
i dont aurge with going cam and all the goodies to match. but for ~$500 for rockers now, and then saving up for a cam & goodies in a couple of years, i see no issues with. the cam and parts can be had for cheap but in the end its the labour which makes it expensive.

bpefi: just for reference, you can multiquote using the last button quote with + sign :) on the post you want to quote

Ive just downloaded and had a look at the factory LPG file,the BMZJ one,and I can do the adjustment of the VSS ratio to suit the lower diff ratio,which will then correct the speedo error and the autos shift points if thats all you need done..It looks the same as the normal VS ECU file where the VSS ratio is concerned, so it should be no problem at all.

Well that in it self would be great - is there an update for it or is that the last one for LPG - is there a possibility of replacing the petrol side with the original with the lean burn function ?? Also can you use my old Petrol single map memcal to do it so that I have a spare & the original??

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Well that in it self would be great - is there an update for it or is that the last one for LPG - is there a possibility of replacing the petrol side with the original with the lean burn function ?? Also can you use my old Petrol single map memcal to do it so that I have a spare & the original??

Im gonna have to have a look into some of this before I can say yes to everything,I can definitely download the later factory LPG file for the VS and burn it to the chip.Fix the speedo and trans shifts,I will have to look at the files and see exactly whats different between them ,it takes a bit of time to check it out,I will have a look in the morning and get back to you tomorrow about it if you like.

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
No hurry - it wont be going anywhere for about two months

MACE

Reaction score
I'm genuinely not sure what to say after having a quick read of this thread?

If you read our section of the forum pretty much all of the product traits, which have been questioned here, have been covered in a transparent fashion. It's all been very well documented as they've been in service for many years. If people clearly outline what they would like to know about our products I'm more then happy to talk about them in a respectful manner.

As for my qualifications, which were questioned early on this thread; I am a degree qualified mechanical engineer. Hence the term engineering is part of the company name, which I though was relevant (?)

In addition to commodore work, we're also working with RMIT on their FSAE-A racer as shown in the link below

RMIT Racing Home

for more info about the level of development that goes into this class you can also look at the site below

FSAE.com

So we're genuinely doing our best to keep up with cutting edge developments in the automotive engineering arena, and we do put a lot of technical though into the products we develop.

We're definitely not perfect with room for improvement on many fronts; however we genuinely do the best we can to help out.

If people have any questions concerns as to how we do things, all the have to do is PM us, email: [email protected] or call 1300 466 223 I'm more then happy to listen to respectful questions/concerns.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Steve & thanks for the post - personally I really do not have a problem with the gear at all - there is a market for it - people want it - it works so why not - but I just want people to understand what really does the job & what makes the difference - as for a project for the future you could make me something in the way of bell mouths for inside the Plenum chamber especially considering that I don't have bonnet clearance. The longer runner lengths should improve torque which is what I am after - I think that this could improve things considerably especially for others that can fit a spacer underneath. Even better a variable length manifold would be sweet - but I understand the costs involved here & I don't think that this would ever happen - considering the limited market. Have a good one.. Marc

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Steve & thanks for the post - personally I really do not have a problem with the gear at all - there is a market for it - people want it - it works so why not - but I just want people to understand what really does the job & what makes the difference - as for a project for the future you could make me something in the way of bell mouths for inside the Plenum chamber especially considering that I don't have bonnet clearance. The longer runner lengths should improve torque which is what I am after - I think that this could improve things considerably especially for others that can fit a spacer underneath. Even better a variable length manifold would be sweet - but I understand the costs involved here & I don't think that this would ever happen - considering the limited market. Have a good one.. Marc
Marc,

If you read if you have a chance to read through what I’ve written in the past, you’ll probably notice that our view on a number of issues is similar. As for developing what you’ve suggested, despite some of the challenges you’ve mentioned, who knows what the future might bring :)

Cheers,
Steve

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
So, what is it.
The length of the runners or the insulation?

The runner length makes sense to me.

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Hi Guys,

I'm keen to know the answer of this too, as I never considered the difference the length of the inlet would make but after reading this I do.
Maybe somebody could fab up a spacer the same dimensions and slap it on and see if the same gains are to be had?

Brings up something to mind, how about a variable inlet manifold system for the Ecotec ;) ?
I'd buy that.

MACE

Reaction score
Thread: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ec-insulator-intake-manifold.html#post1342469

The insulators won't completely stop the inlet manifold from getting hot, as you still have heat transfer due to convection and radiation, but it does make a significant difference to the amount of heat being transferred to the manifold by significantly heat transfer through conduction which is the most significant way inlet manifolds get hot in general.

However the main reason they work is not so much that they keep they manifold cool but is the fact that change the savaging properties of the manifold. In that the manifold is working more efficiently base on the engine's operating limits. This is based on Helmholtz resonance principle

For some more detailed info check out the following links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifold_(automotive)

Helmholtz resonance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's for this reason there are genuine gains on the dyno and track in particular the lower rev range. On V6 with mild bolt on mods they normally knock off around .2 to .3 seconds off 1/4 mile times.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve