Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rockers upgrade

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux Ute - Vs Ecotech Engine
That's why the bell mouths will work as it will add to the mass of air in the inlet tube - you could effectively triple the mass into the inlet port this way - the spacer on top would be good also in this case for more room in the plenum chamber. The only way though that I can see them going in is tacking them in place & filling with something or getting fairly long ones & machining them for an interference fit. The manifold will be losing effect with the large openings up the top - (different for S/C but) ...

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
That's what I'm doing with the Ecotec plenum. Basically making the port into a bell mouth.

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Im gonna have to have a look into some of this before I can say yes to everything,I can definitely download the later factory LPG file for the VS and burn it to the chip.Fix the speedo and trans shifts,I will have to look at the files and see exactly whats different between them ,it takes a bit of time to check it out,I will have a look in the morning and get back to you tomorrow about it if you like.

Hey if your doing a bit of this memcal stuff & you get on to someone - please recommend the dual map tune as opposed to having a petrol start setup - the dual map makes a huge difference to the way it runs & the fitment of a Blos variable mixer works wonders too as the std mixer for these is just terribly restrictive - about time we had an lpg section in this forum by the way ...

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
That's what I'm doing with the Ecotec plenum. Basically making the port into a bell mouth.

Well show me when your finished & you might have a new client - will depend on freight though your a long way away ...cheers & good luck

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
This maybe of some interest to people thinking of the mace 25mm spacer, i bought one cheap off an wreck and this is my results after some calibration before and after mods, i have been tuning the MAF myself so i can keep LTFT close to 0

MAF%20Flow%20with%20MODSWEB.jpg

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
Long Term Fuel Trim yes. Basicly so the ecu doesn't have to compensate to reach stoich, i find that yes holden ecu's will compensate but in parts like particually idle it wont run right unless you fix up the MAF calibration, my idle is smooth as now with it right and it runs just that bit better. Idle sits at 2200hz so you can see the huge extra wad of air being drawn in, i found this helps down low when you punch the throttle.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
just factory delco ecu in the vs, tunerpro RT 5

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
Delcohacking.net is the site where it's all contained if you want to do this stuff yourself.

What i do is log from home to work while driving then work to home making changes at either end as i dont have access to a dyno.

Then i export LTFT and Short Term Fuel trim, Maf Hz to a spreadsheet, sort the table for when the short term reaches 0% change then your ecu has reached the sweet spot and doesn't need to compensate anymore so it's a matter of changing the MAF flow by variable of % change in the LTFT to then pull it back to 0%, obviously you have to disable lean cruise so you can keep the ecu in BLM (Block Learn Mode) on the highway. So at the end of the day you get all the trims back to 0 except for WOT as i dont have wideband, just going by stock o2's