Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roll Racing - how to ?

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
I am running the Raiden Hero Drags (chinese but worth a look) in a 275/40 18 at around 18psi, traction has been really good with the only wheelspin coming once temperatures drop at the track. Car has made 705hp on the hubs
I've taken a punt and ordered a pair of these Raidens in 275/40 r18 for $800. Let's see how they go.

Just need 18 x 10 wheels now.

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
I've taken a punt and ordered a pair of these Raidens in 275/40 r18 for $800. Let's see how they go.

Just need 18 x 10 wheels now.
Pretty sure on a prepped track they will work well, a lot of decent powered cars running them over here at the roll racing. Looking forward to your report.

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
@crew chief are you running these all the time or just at the track?

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just at the track due to the distance it is away from me. I pull the spare and throw one in there and the other sits in the boot, does mean I need to take my trolley jack, rattle gun, wheel nut sockets, torque wrench and wheel nuts to suit the other rims.

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
There is a roll racing event next Saturday in Sydney https://rollracing.com.au/

I've got my Raiden Drag Hero's that I've been using for the drags.

I'm gunna roll the dice give it a go.

@crew chief what tyre pressures do you run for racing? EDIT: I see you run 18s in an earlier thread. I've been running 15 psi at the drags so may bump it up.

Last edited:

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate I was running around 18psi and having fairly good traction but as it gets colder it starts to lose some bite. Tried dropping it bit a few times to around 15psi last event as grip was non-existent when temps were getting down near single digits.

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Mate I was running around 18psi and having fairly good traction but as it gets colder it starts to lose some bite. Tried dropping it bit a few times to around 15psi last event as grip was non-existent when temps were getting down near single digits.

Interesting re grip and temps. It gets quite a bit colder in Adelaide. Racing starts at 6.30pm in Sydney. Current temp at 7.30pm at Eastern Creek is 17 degrees so hope all good. Traction with Horsepower is everything!!

I've been looking at a few Youtube vids from RR in Sydney, There are some big serious horsepower cars rolling up. It seems many with 1000hp plus. It looks a bit intimidating. Who cares! I'll give it a crack for a bit fun.

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Roll racing is popular. The event is sold out for next week. Until next time then.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
Yeah when its on in South Austalia there is always a decent crowd looking on even in the middle of winter.

I went to the one in Tailem Bend in June and with my 3.73 diff I was crossing the line at about 145km/h which is about 10-15km/h up from last time with the 3.45 diff i had before.

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Here is a wrap of last night's roll racing.

Some impressive and totally insane cars in action!!

Hear the engines scream.

Last edited: