Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rory's VZ Thunder SS Crewman

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
yeah I guess it would have been quick.

have you still got your alloytec ute? you going to get another ute or something else?

Yeah over before it started. Naa just sold it a week ago. Dunno, have to look around a bit I think.

Sent from my iPhone

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
So not too sure what you'll be getting yet? Keep us all updated on your progress.

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
FC HOLDEN with 5LT V8 (VT)
Not sure yet, maybe a 4X4 but unsure as yet.

Sent from my iPhone

Jeep diesel are good and 9lt/100.
Here's mine,
5u3u9ebe.jpg

I was considering a metal bash plate across the tank if I lower it, just in case...

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Still waiting on the last of insurance money to come through then I will be looking at getting a GU4 onwards Patrol, maybe a common-rail if budget will stretch.

Had a look at one yesterday but it was a pile of ****, hadn't been washed in 11 months and he was happy to admit it, hadn't had the family crap cleaned out for me to look at it and had what looked like sand still sprayed onto parts of the undercarriage so likely salt is still there, no service history in the car and generally ****. Was a shame as the ad looked alright :(

Sent from my iPhone

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
so you're moving away from the holden scene then?

obviously he's not in a hurry to sell his car. I wash mine (both statesmans) weekly without fail and then sometimes 2 times a week if they get extra dirty.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
so you're moving away from the holden scene then?

obviously he's not in a hurry to sell his car. I wash mine (both statesmans) weekly without fail and then sometimes 2 times a week if they get extra dirty.

Yeah at this stage, most of my close mates have 4x4's and there's lots of opportunity to get out and about in it so it won't be a grocery getter.

Yeah his ad says urgent, it's priced at 6k below red book with more km's on it but just doesn't respect the car obviously. You would have been yelling and running if you saw what I saw.

Mum still has a cross6 so if and when I need a ute I can use that. Might end up with a Commodore as a replacement to the girlfriends Yaris one day but for now looks to be no Holdens for a while.

Sent from my iPhone

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
fair enough. that seems to be a trend moving from commodores to 4x4's.

I decided after all to keep the VR, I just couldn't let it go but I'm focusing on the WK now. the VR will pretty much be a clean daily driver.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
fair enough. that seems to be a trend moving from commodores to 4x4's.

I decided after all to keep the VR, I just couldn't let it go but I'm focusing on the WK now. the VR will pretty much be a clean daily driver.

Yeah the trend is there. Ideally I'd have both, a mental comp truck for a 4x4 and a fun daily with plenty of power but the world doesn't work like that.

Also speaking of commodores and 4x4 over the long weekend I went to Brunswick for a mud play with my cousin and his mate was there with a VT on a pathfinder chassis with a turbo RB30.

I like that your keeping the VR. Just have to try and keep it cheep or your going to end up with 2 cars that you want to put money into... Although the VR is already pretty much where you want it so that helps.

Sent from my iPhone

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah as a daily I won't be doing anything else to it besides maintaining it and keeping it clean.

I didn't get around to trying the eleanors on the wk this weekend gone but I defiantly will this one coming. if I like them on the WK I will swap them over, my main concern is of course how high it will sit on 19's but the whole rolling diameter shouldn't be too far off what it is now. the eleanors also need 2 new tyers, 2 of them are badly camber worn because of the lack of adjustment in the back end of the VR IRS setup without a camber kit. I'll probably just chuck the WK rims on the VR. all things considered the VR really isn't that bad as a daily, petrol wise I get close to 700k's a tank and driving to work and back I usually get away with filling it every second week. that and it's comfortable and big too. I might even swap the the springs if they are suitable, the old springs from the VR went into my brother's vt calais.

I can easily afford 2 cars it's just that insurance is a killer for me (being 22 and on my p's)

when you find the forby that's for you, what (if any) mods have you got in mind?