Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rory's VZ Thunder SS Crewman

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Got back into the Crewman over the weekend and pulled out the passenger seat to mount up the amp properly.
These are the results:
jmaDH8lZSAj3m.JPG

It sits really well under the seat and behind the adjustment handle and out of the back seat footwell which was the main aim as it was sliding back there before :)
much happier now :)

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
nice and tidy. did you ever get that sub box finished?

Not yet, it's sitting out on the table waiting for me, couldn't do anything with it until the crewman came back, once I'm done with my white ute I plan on getting back into it again. Working 5 days during the week now uni's over and working at least 1 day on weekends doesn't leave a lot of time for glassing :/

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got back into the Crewman over the weekend and pulled out the passenger seat to mount up the amp properly.
These are the results:
https://i.minus.com/jmaDH8lZSAj3m.JPG

It sits really well under the seat and behind the adjustment handle and out of the back seat footwell which was the main aim as it was sliding back there before :)
much happier now :)

Looking at this reminds me that I need to plug in my rears to the amp at some stage, meh it can wait until I next pull my dash apart as they are currently hooked up to my HU...

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not yet, it's sitting out on the table waiting for me, couldn't do anything with it until the crewman came back, once I'm done with my white ute I plan on getting back into it again. Working 5 days during the week now uni's over and working at least 1 day on weekends doesn't leave a lot of time for glassing :/

fair enough, I know that feel. I'm starting work the same time as before (early), but I'm working until later in the day with possible sundays on the cards again.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Took some photos tonight as I haven't got any of the interior, advanced apologies for crappy iPhone pics. Also apologies for the dirty as fk floors.

Drivers seat :) love that leather.
ibwvfgOMytIMa.JPG

idPBFwuR7FWXP.JPG

iBrJWXMjM9hvv.JPG

ib2s8ZB4HT6OtA.JPG

iTlcsUdPTXLef.JPG

Amp with passenger seat all the way back
igMs3VguU4IZ5.JPG

Stock black headlining with HBD DVD Player and sunroof
ibabtnglaULTei.JPG

ibabtnglaULTei.JPG

ibmmBI4BOLFEPw.JPG

External pic, its quite dirty but hey, I still love it.
ivrkRYN3dJLsI.JPG

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Over the last 2 weeks I have managed to:
Changed oil / oil filter and replaced with the same oil as before; Penrite 10w-50.

Changed air filter (even after the advice in CB, sorry guys) because I hate my driveway, this one will be in for a while longer.

Hook up the rear speakers to the amp under the passenger seat, which were soon after faded out to the front, it was just one of those things I have been wanting done for a while and finally got around to it :)

At the same time I pulled out the Head unit and re-aligned it so that it was facing upwards a little more (was some cables under the back of it leaning it forwards).

I also loosened the passenger seat when amping the rear speakers and realigned the plastic that sits between the seat and sill so that there wasn't any more gaps.

I have chucked a relay under the dash so that the foggies only come on with Highbeams and then put some 55w 4300K HID's in the foggies so they are now essentially spotlights (never drive in fog, often drive at night)

Replaced the AC belt which ended up being in ok condition but I didn't like the fact that the serpentine was new and the AC was old.

Hardcover will come off again tonight so that I can pick up a dryer tomorrow.

Thinking about repainting the hard cover as it is going patchy white in one area and peeling the paint off. Any suggestions here would be appreciated.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I saw your post about the ditch. What happened and are you OK ?