Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roto-Fab CAI Installation VF2

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I spoke to sales in the States a couple of years ago about wholesaling them, the margin wasn’t there with increasingly poor exchange rate.
Still isn’t really, versus VCM and others.
Point is that availability / popularity at retail has little to do with product quality or effectiveness.
Personally been a champion of the thing for five or six years, only reason I don’t have one fitted is under bonnet space with the oil accumulator.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
When I purchased my Rotofab CAI last year, the exchange rate was $0.73. Its slighlty better now. Delivery took less then a week (better then Aus Post).

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Pic doesn't do it justice but yes, grabs air from stock location with a bigger opening.

View attachment 196999
Looks really good.
I've got the walkinshaw 310 cai on mine and it's basically just a cover over the top of the pod filter. It not enclosed and doesn't have the section that goes down in behind the headlight like that one. Probably ok but worries me a bit at how exposed the filter is.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
Just curious how did you plumb in the sound enhancer mate.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Just curious how did you plumb in the sound enhancer mate.

A fellow member here (chris) showed me how he originally fit his and I fit mine the same.
Below pic is my car with the Chev SS intake elbow that suits LHS Sound Enhancer.
downloadfile-2.jpg

Chris has refit his and gone more the traditional path by purchasing the normal Intake elbow and plumbing in the sound enhancer.

001 (1280x960).jpg

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
A fellow member here (chris) showed me how he originally fit his and I fit mine the same.
Below pic is my car with the Chev SS intake elbow that suits LHS Sound Enhancer.
View attachment 197072

Chris has refit his and gone more the traditional path by purchasing the normal Intake elbow and plumbing in the sound enhancer.

View attachment 197073
Thank Mate

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I too contacted Harrop. Their response was that they don't sell Roto Fab. Can anyone who's purchased one, post the sellers details? I want to ensure I purchase the correct one for my MSE.
Cheers

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
Best place to buy one is from Roto-Fab direct in the States. I suggest order the 2014-2015 Chevrolet SS sedan system with the 2017 ¾” NPT to 1” hose adapter . If you email them and tell them what you want they will send you an order you can pay with paypal or similar. I opted for the dry filter option.
I originally bought the 2016-2017 system, but with the MSE on the US cars being on the left side compared to ours which is in the right side it required a lot of hose and plumbing to get it to work. I later bought a 2014 inlet elbow and drilled a hole in the side and fitted the ¾” NPT to 1” hose adapter held in with high temperature JB weld glue and was able to fit the original MSE hose which made for a much neater original finish. It is working well with no problems.