Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RSE into MY12 SV6

Henry19720

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY15 Man Sedan, MY17 SSVR Man Sedan
Hi All,

Looking for someone who may know a little about this. I have installed a Rear Seat Entertainment system from a VE 2006 into a MY12 SV6 using the genuine harness package #92198869 this picks up the power and CAN input from the dealer option connector.

The RSE powers up and then I get the VIN mismatch code B0996 and Theft Locked B1271. I have been using a Tech 2 to try to get the components linked however it won't let you go on until the codes are cleared.

When I clear the codes they immediately reappear ( as they should because it hasn't been reprogrammed!) and won't let me go on.

I have tried to load a new calibration through the GM site but I get a error message something along the lines of "Bosch ####### mismatch". Am I correct in thinking the Series 1 RSE isn't compatible in a S2?

Does anyone know how to wipe the VIN stored in the RSE ECU so it can relearn?

The IQ system is configured for RSE as well.

And yes I bought this legit!!!

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
When you say RSE, do you mean the RSE system that has the roof mounted screen, or the model with the dual seat mounted screens ?

(The Seat mounted screen system allows you to control DVDs from the IQ unit, where as the roof mounted screen only allows you to view the DVD on the IQ screen
when connected and enabled).

I have the standard roof mounted model as fitted as standard to Series I CalaisV models, and it works perfectly with my upgraded Series II IQ system.
(So I dont think that wiring or incompatibility is the issue here).

VIN matching on this stuff can be rather difficult, especially if your vehicle didnt come with the accessory that you need to program from the factory.
(So trying a firmware update using your cars VIN will be of no help).

This one might be a question for the experts such as Ultimate Conversion Wiring ?