Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rumours of VE GTS Coupe

V

VX_KN079

Nah the Coupe will be dropped in Australia (VZ Coupes will still export to Great Brittain, as the Vauxall Monaro VXR, and to the USA as the Pontiac GTO though, also some interest from China apparently) post VE release...

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
andrewmac said:
But evman remember that most of the concepts that holden release are already based on a holden car. utster was based on the normal holden ute with some awesome changes the sandman was just based off a wagon.
And most of the other concepts have actually been made in to real cars the monaro was a concept as was the adventra and the sx3 which is to be released as the captiva so the chances that a torana is coming out could be very good.

Maybe the VE Commo is the production car the Torana is based on? Just like the UTEster was based on the ute and so on....

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Evman said:
Maybe the VE Commo is the production car the Torana is based on? Just like the UTEster was based on the ute and so on....
The VE is on the zeta base but the torana was based off something else (im not sure which but i know it is a diferent base) however i think the VE will have styling cues from the torana.

V

VX_KN079

andrewmac said:
however i think the VE will have styling cues from the torana.

No kidding... It's the main reason the Torana was even conceived and put on display at the Motor Show - to guage public opinion of the styling.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Just a few weeks ago the boss of Pontiac said the GTO will be back for 2008 and will be co developed with Holden so that means the Monaro is comming back. The Torana is too small to be a GTO so we will either get a Torana and a Monaro or just have the Monaro again (I'd rather the Torana)

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
amen:bow: cos then all the monaro owners will crack a fat over not having the last model of monaro....

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Even if they bring back the Monaro it's never going to be what it was, The last of the monaros is gone it's the last of it's kind it's the last of that architecture the last of the smooth styling body witch is so easy on the eyes, The next will be all mussels and Braun.

So i would love to see a torana myself come back, It would be bad if every 10 years or so they swapped them around you know, 2008 to 2016 build the Torana, then 1-2 years after that go the Monaro again.

Or we are all being fooled and we wont see the Monaro just build a GTO for Pontiac and have the Torana instead:D And the Torana might be a good export for over in Europe or the middle east.

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Lets just hope if they do bring back the torana they will stop doing reincarnations after that.
Could you imagine a new gemini or camira!!!!
Lets hope they dont do the mitsu thing and go bring back the colt ,they got a crappy ugly car and brought it back in the form of an uglyier crappier car.
Im sure holden have more sense than this as they did a good job with the monaro and the torana concept was not a let down.
But they need to quit while there ahead methinks.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Nah they should keep the Torana and get rid of the Commodore, from my old man perspective the Commodore is a modern inferior cheap and nasty imposter that cut the Toranas life short. I think if the LX hatchback had a decent gearbox and diff in it, it would have been the best car ever to come out of Australia, the hatch makes the car so much more useful (and looks more sporting) I can't see why anyone bothers making a sedan. Don't you think the whole Torana silence thing Holden is doing is a bit suspicous? I'm sure they realise everyman and his dogs loved the concept, well the front end could have been alot better but it's still a great thing and If the SSX was slick too and if they were missing 2 doors I'd like them even better :). Two hatchback concepts has got to mean something

I

improvize

andrewmac said:
Lets hope they dont do the mitsu thing and go bring back the colt ,they got a crappy ugly car and brought it back in the form of an uglyier crappier car.

I don't know... Check out the latest Motor magazine :D