Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Motorists to now receive fines for all defects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
your a dick pickles not everyone has bucket of **** cars pull ya head in

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
JC vs. SA :boxing:

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
Does everyone look at the adelaide now website? And for the people who have read the article and voted, its pretty clear that 'generally' everyone thinks the same way.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
No had a VR before, it was a **** box but i had to get it blue slipped and passed without a problem. Defects are not a bad thing.

Thats not the issue, the issue is being able to recieve a fine from someone who doesn't know a tacho from a hub cap, on suspicion that something is defectable, when it could infact be perfectly legal (but the costs aren't refundable.....)

If you like giving money away for nothing, i'll send you my bank details ;D

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Thats not the issue, the issue is being able to recieve a fine from someone who doesn't know a tacho from a hub cap, on suspicion that something is defectable, when it could infact be perfectly legal (but the costs aren't refundable.....)

If you like giving money away for nothing, i'll send you my bank details ;D

i completely agree with what your saying, i dont believe they should be able to do it on 'suspicion', But i do believe their needs to be something.

Lol yeah only people from Adelaide would look at the Adelaide now website. I dont believe anybody would be happy to get fines for defects so there for why would anybody that could POSSIBLY be defected be for the law.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
i completely agree with what your saying, i dont believe they should be able to do it on 'suspicion', But i do believe their needs to be something.

Theres a perfectly good way, hire more Transport SA inspectors and only give them the authority to issue defects (and also clear defects)
Problem solved!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I think the "we are stamping down on unsafe cars" tagline loses in punch when your state doesnt even have Roadworthy checks when selling a car.

There are multiple ways they could be getting "unsafe" cars off the road, but alas, those ways wouldnt rake in millions in revenue for the govt.

Status
Not open for further replies.