Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SC14 Pulley Sizes ( WHAT PSI DO I GET )

menace2sobriety

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY soon to be boosted
Hey there everyone, just been browsing the pulley bros site to purchase a pulley for my setup and am wondering what boost I should be getting

Basically I want about 8psi and I WILL be running an intercooler with 3" piping

I don't want to buy a pulley only to find that I am now running 6PSI and not 8

For the non intercooled values I am guessing

103mm is 5psi
87mm is 8psi
82mm is 10psi
77 is 12psi

Please correct me if I am wrong

Given an intercooler setup i can expect a 1-2psi loss so what is recommended a 87mm pulley or an 82mm, bearing in mind apparently the SC14 may have issues over 9psi as stated by iBlown with their coatings

I'm guessing take a loss and run an 8psi pulley which may equate to 6-7psi which may keep the S/C happy OR

Should I run the 10psi pulley which would reduce to 8-9psi and be done with it?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Don't forget that with the 8,10 and 12PSI pulleys you will need to upgrade your fuel system and get a tune

The 5 you can run on its own

menace2sobriety

Reaction score
Members Ride
I know I will have to upgrade my fuel system, pump, injectors will be going in and rising rate has been imported, but your answer doesn't actually answer the question, what boost will I be running intercooled with what pulley, I am looking at 8psi "intercooled", I dont want to buy a pulley off pulley bros only to find I am now running 6psi and I have to buy another one

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I have found you will loose 1PSI from intercooling but it varies between setups.

If you want to run an intercooler and get this thing going properly I would recommend a 10PSI pulley at a minimum due to the lack of punch the SC14's put out.

menace2sobriety

Reaction score
Members Ride
So would that be the 82mm pulley? as the values I posted above were me guessing the size-boost ratio, cheers

menace2sobriety

Reaction score
Members Ride
What pulley does everyone use for the tensioner?

And what belt does everyone use?

BTW I have read every page of the SC14 thread and also asked this question and have not received any answers..

Cheers

misterm52

Reaction score
Members Ride
NON
I tried making a post but it didn't allow me, I am from nz and looking for a 6psi or 7 psi pulley for the sc14?

update: the correct roller bearing size is 30x55x23 for the holden pulley 103mm pulley that gets 5 - 7 PSI, cost around $40 NZD at Saco Williams, you can get them from most shops, like donnavans etc I guess. There is a better pulley however that is a direct bolt on and around 93mm, its from a toyota corolla src air con from 2002 good for around 7 - 10PSI.
- https://m52supercharged.wordpress.com/

Last edited: