Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

September 11 ...10 years on.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Wouldn't happen to have a link to this vid by any chance?

One of the videos shows the damage caused by the plane hitting based on speed/trajectory etc etc. Trying to find the link to it. Pretty impressive recreation that shows the damage caused to one of the towers. Will up link when i can find it again.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
lol, kerosene man. really low burning temp but a low flash point which makes it perfect for powering jets, not so good for melting steel rated to 2000deg F

LOL!!! What drugs are you on? Two jets (one for each tower) that had both just taken off so were carrying a LOT of fuel (which is NOT kerosene - it's Aviation Fuel or 'AvGas') and you don't think the subsequent fire, combined with the serious structural compromises that happened, combined with the design of the buildings (which was both good and very bad), combined with the seriously lacking levels of fireproofing was the cause of the collapse? WOW!!!

There are a lot of factors, but if you eliminate the fires that happened as a result of the Aviation Fuel igniting, the buildings wouldn't have collapsed. And there's PLENTY of readily available information that explains why that's the case.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Flaspoint had nothing do with it when the plane has obviously just exploded. So an office building full of accelerant combined with a plane full of fuel that has just exploded won't create that much heat? -.-

Steel melts at around 1370 C a house fires average temp is about 1100 C. I hardly think that an explosion like that would find it hard to have produced more 1370 C

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
LOL!!! What drugs are you on? Two jets (one for each tower) that had both just taken off so were carrying a LOT of fuel (which is NOT kerosene - it's Aviation Fuel or 'AvGas') and you don't think the subsequent fire, combined with the serious structural compromises that happened, combined with the design of the buildings (which was both good and very bad), combined with the seriously lacking levels of fireproofing was the cause of the collapse? WOW!!!

There are a lot of factors, but if you eliminate the fires that happened as a result of the Aviation Fuel igniting, the buildings wouldn't have collapsed. And there's PLENTY of readily available information that explains why that's the case.

Your wrong about the avgas part. However I highly doubt wether or not the furl ignited is the issue at hand. It obviously exploded.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Just one question in regards to the conspiracy theories that say jet fuel can't melt steel blah blah blah.

How come buildings that simply catch fire collapse?

Usually the fuel in your common fire is carpet, some wood, various plastics, etc. Nothing that specifically can burn at a temperature that will cause steel to melt, yet these buildings fall down if a fire burns is wide spread enough.

What makes the the twin towers special that they WOULDN'T collapse like other buildings?

They just experience a massive lateral shock, all of a sudden had a few more tonnes of load and a fire ALL centralized over very few floors around the impact area.

Steel starts to weaken at above 230C... It doesn't need to "melt", just weaken.

Anyway, back on topic.

I still remember that morning when I found out. Was getting driven to school and on the radio everyone was calling in talking about how horrific, etc it was but not saying what happened.

Only when I got to school did someone tell me.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
i would be very interested in seeing how much damage they estimate a lightweight carbon fibre and titanium plane body would do to high carbon steel building.

Not enough to make it collapse the way it did. However melt the steel and start the concettina affect of each floor failing from the top down, and you get the result as it happened.

Here's some explanations:

Purdue Creates Scientifically Based Animation of 9/11 Attack - YouTube

9/11 Debunked: World Trade Center's Collapse Explained - YouTube

Last edited:

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Flaspoint had nothing do with it when the plane has obviously just exploded. So an office building full of accelerant combined with a plane full of fuel that has just exploded won't create that much heat? -.-

Steel melts at around 1370 C a house fires average temp is about 1100 C. I hardly think that an explosion like that would find it hard to have produced more 1370 C

The Beijing Mandarin Oriental Hotel Fire

The Hotel Mandarin Oriental blazes
The most recent example of a spectacular skyscraper fire was the burning of the Hotel Mandarin Oriental starting on February 9, 2009. The nearly completed 520-foot-tall skyscraper in Beijing caught fire around 8:00 pm, was engulfed within 20 minutes, and burned for at least 3 hours until midnight. Despite the fact that the fire extended across all of the floors for a period of time and burned out of control for hours, no large portion of the structure collapsed.
beijing_torch.jpg

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/analysis/compare/fires.html

no sky scraper has ever collapsed from fire. /story

edit* SORRY, no skyscraper EXCEPT the twin towers.