Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

September 11 ...10 years on.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I was in year 5, Dont remember much but i do remember trying to con a day off school because of it :)

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
I had been at dinner with US military personnel in Canberra, and turned the TV on when I got back to the hotel to check what was on. Caught the initial newsflash almost straight away.

Spent the whole night up, and many nights thereafter.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
i woulda been in gade 3 or 4?
cant remeber at all, i rember family friends got back from nyc the day before it though.

to everyone talking about cheese tv....

Facebook

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Yeah I was only young when I saw it, and didn't completely comprehend what happened until a few years later.
But personally I feel like the Norway terror attacks at the youth political gathering hits home more, but that's
probably just I understand what goes on around me more than I did when I was 9.

Shedvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary Commodore
The incident was very sad, but I do believe that it's also sad how much of a "worldly" impact this had.

As many people that died in that incident die every single day to preventable causes such as malaria or starvation.

Sometimes it's a good exercise to put these things in comparison.

As I said in original post...

"I think because it was such a huge number of deaths in an instant and it was premeditated."

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
i cant believe people watch the footage of the twin towers free-falling and they think it was due to a jet flying into it!!!! how naive can you get?

Because it CAN happen Ari, high temperature could easily melt the steel foundations. Avgas/ jet A1 fuel is highly explosive stuff man.

The building designers themselves admitted that they had not allowed in their design parameters for planes to crash into the buildings.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i cant believe people watch the footage of the twin towers free-falling and they think it was due to a jet flying into it!!!! how naive can you get?

About as naive as someone thinking this was a government plot...there has been a good video put together recosntructing how it happened, pretty much gives a big #### you to the conspiracy theorists. Hard to argue against pure physics...

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
About as naive as someone thinking this was a government plot...there has been a good video put together recosntructing how it happened, pretty much gives a big #### you to the conspiracy theorists. Hard to argue against pure physics...

Wouldn't happen to have a link to this vid by any chance?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR