Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 1 or Series 2?

kyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE CALAIS V
I had an issue with the interior looks of the series 1 so I bought a 2007 Calais V. Not the IQ but is has a very nice interior compared to the stock standard versions. As for the engines.. I think you have to not put too much emphasis into the numbers and just test drive them. I only paid $23k for mine with 50k on the clock.. I'm very happy with what I paid for. (GPS, DVD on the roof, sports suspension, 18" alloys, full leather interior)

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
I bit the bullet yesterday, after months and months of deliberation. I went and looked at a 2010 Series 2 SV6 in hazard yellow. It's a holden executive driven vehicle with only 4500k on it. Basically new. Drive away for $34,500 with 6 years extended warranty, floor mats and full tank of juice. Provided my finance is all good (pending over weekend as deal was only finalized late in the day), I should be heading back to pick her up on Monday.

I have only seen 1 other yellow one anywhere, which is good because its rarity is high. That vehicle was the other one I test drove months ago Lol. Haven't seen it since.

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Got the missus a SV6 (2010 demo) couple of months back in hazard also, came lowered with 20s and sunroof. Like you said not too many on the road and the missus had to have yellow, after her yellow WRX. I think it looks good myself.

Darks

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6
I agree, this is what me pay the extra 10k.
I wanted tghe luxuries that the Series 1 didn't have i.e. the IQ system. IMO the styling on the Series 2 is better.

Im new to owning commodores, this is my first one.

I would never have considered buying a series 1 purely because I found the interior boring (air vents, aircon controls, stereo). The series 2 IQ system (plus round airvents in my sv6) did it for me to warrant the purchase :p

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Go the S2's owners. And remember the MY12 facelift hasn't changed anything that can't be sort from spare parts. :boxing:

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
$35000 will get you a nice R8!
The problem with SV6's and SS's is the fact that there are a billion of them so they are really hard to get rid of which makes them a great second hand bargain.