Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

series 2 ssv IQ system problems

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV sports wagon series 2
That's bull. I took my SSV wagon for it's 3000k check up and told them I have had the rear camera not work a few times and once the radio had no Sound.
When I picked it up I asked what they found they said they found the error logs from when the things didn't work so they cleared them and tested the units functions and all was ok.
The IQ is windows based Any errors are logged just like a windows computer.
Here's one for you I didn't take my car back to where I brought it I went to another dealer and I will continue to do this for all my servicing and warranty issues as any dealer but the dealer you brought the car from gets paid by GMH for the labour they do on your car so they are more helpful in fixing problems because they get paid for their labour where the dealer you brought the car from has to just suck it up so you get the run around. Try taking it to a different dealer then the one you got it from and you will see the difference right away.

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
Speaking of which i take my car to a different dealer for service/warranty work too. At the first 3000kms check the selling dealer left black sticky **** all over my drivers door, didn't clear the service reminder, didn't mark the book correctly and didn't do a small job i requested. I also asked for the oil to be changed so i hope they do this as they charged for it. This dealer is located in the Southern Suburbs of Adelaide. I of course now go to Claridge Holden for everything as they are more then happy to do things for me and their team/technicians know what they are doing.

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's very slack man, some places have no idea what the word service means you pay 60k plus and you would think that they could get the first check up right. Grr

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
If anyone is interested I installed a front camera on my series 2 SSV and can view it on the IQ vier the rear DVD input. You could also fit a after market DVD and view it on the IQ like the factory rear DVD. But the best part is I found a place that can enable the rear input for you if you, as it doesn't come enabled unless you get the factory DVD with the car, they will also make it so you can watch the rear input even when you are driving and it only cost $195.00 I will put there web address on soon I'm at work now and I can't Remember their name but they are located in Lynbrook Vic for an extra $50 they will mail you out a module and instructions and you can enable it yourself. I just went there so not sure what has to be done for that. But it works great to bring up my front camera I just press the Aux button on the head unit or get this just press the Audio button 2 times on the steering wheel. No more worrying about taking out my front spoiler for me : )

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm MY14
Sv6 thunder issue

Hi all,
In regards to the thread. I bought this car brand new and the first day everything was working fine. The the day after the navigator stopped working and kept saying navigator loading then putting me bak to the radio. The problem then fixed itself a few hours later and then two days later while using the navigator everything beside the street I was on disappeared. Ie side streets etc. The problem hadnt fixed itself by the next day so I went back to Holden. They simple pulled the computer out and installed a new one. Everything works fine the only things I had to do was reload all my settings. But I had quoted warranty, brand new car etc and the dealer was more than happy to fix it. They even gave me a loan car for the four hours I didn't have it. So know your rights and they help out

DavesSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE_SSV
If anyone is interested I installed a front camera on my series 2 SSV and can view it on the IQ vier the rear DVD input. You could also fit a after market DVD and view it on the IQ like the factory rear DVD. But the best part is I found a place that can enable the rear input for you if you, as it doesn't come enabled unless you get the factory DVD with the car, they will also make it so you can watch the rear input even when you are driving and it only cost $195.00 I will put there web address on soon I'm at work now and I can't Remember their name but they are located in Lynbrook Vic for an extra $50 they will mail you out a module and instructions and you can enable it yourself. I just went there so not sure what has to be done for that. But it works great to bring up my front camera I just press the Aux button on the head unit or get this just press the Audio button 2 times on the steering wheel. No more worrying about taking out my front spoiler for me : )

Hi Anthssv
I'm not far away from ordering a new SSV Redline. And I'm very interested in the front camera. The reason I'm interested is, I was so impressed with the rear-view camera when my son in-law showed me his new ride I thought wouldn't it be good to take the guess work out of parking front on to the gutter as well. I'm very careful when parking the car, but unfortunately I'm not the only one that drives the car, if you know what I mean, and there are a couple of front end scrap marks due to misjudgement parking front on. Currently I have a 2009 model SS and it bears a few scraps and I don't want the same to happen to this one. Any additional information would be most appreciated.. ie.. The web link you mentioned you would post would be good start and any additional information on getting it hooked up and working..but as you mentioned that would be in the instructions sent out with the module.. Thanking you in advance ... DavesSS

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
I took video of my Sat nav having a fit to prove to holden i was not making up stories. I was turning onto Concord rd from Hospital Rd and the navigation was showing me driving through a park.

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
http://www.asllogistics.com/
Ok above is the web site of the people that enabled the rear Aux input on my IQ
If you give them a call they are very helpful and will tell you which wires you need join to your camera.
The instruction that they give you are for the wiring of an after market DVD player so it has wiring for audio as well as video, so make sure you talk to them about what your trying to do so they can tell you which wires you need to connect to. Keep in mind that the Aux input at the back is not just a RCA input jack its a square plug with about 10 wires coming out of it so the cameras RCA plug needs to be cut off and the cable going to the camera stripped back to expose the wires inside and joined to the Iq wiring before the plug. When you cut the plug off leave about 100mm so you can strip back the cable to the copper and test which wire goes to the male part of the plug and which goes to the out side of the plug.
The wire connected to the male part of the plug will be joined to the red wire thats on the right hand side of the IQ Plug if your looking at the plug with the wires away from you, the wire connected to the outside of the plug gets soldered to the black IQ wire which is right next to the red one you just soldered.
Be careful and test the wires before you curt them on the IQ strip back as much of the shielding as you can so when you cut the wires you have enough wire before the plug to give you the slack need to solder to the camera cables. Also there are 2 red and 2 black wires in that same IQ plug you need to test the wires before cutting to make sure you cut the right ones.
The guys at ASL said they do it by tracing the wires to the right side of the plug as best they can the with a sharp blade cut the shielding of a small section of the wires you think are the right ones when you see copper you can then test with a multi meter from the plug to the wires you exposed to make sure they are the right ones.
The reason this method is used is because Holden he put a black very hard glue right behind the plug so you can't follow the wires all the way to the plug. You will see what I mean when look at the plug, I tried to cutting the glue away but didn't have Much luck and the guys at ASL said to be careful that you pull the wires out of the back of the plug.
When you have all the video wires all soldered and taped back up, you also need a power and earth for the camera you should be able to see a yellow wire which goes to a which plug just on the tunnel floor this this the power supply for the optional lighter socket splice into it as it works with the ignition and just next to that is a great body earth.
I hope this helps you out if you have any questions in will be happy to help if I can

Hendy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6

Do you have any pics of the Front camera location?